So the spoilers are freaking devastating! And I mean it, this just might be the saddest chapter of fairy tail for me in ever! (And I don’t say that lightly) Like. I’m panicking even more than I did with the whole Gajeel thing (and he is my favorite) but with the whole Gajeel thing I had a strong feeling that he would be okay. This time with Juvia I am not so sure for a few reasons.
1. I’m not sure how she will get out of this.. If she ends up being part of Gray, I can’t possibly think of a way for that to be undone. Unlike the whole gajevy thing where there was a countdown and ya kinda knew Eileen’s spell might somehow save Gajeel.(I was still worried though) This one doesn’t seem obvious to me. If anyone has thoughts on how it could, please share them to ease my mind !
2. Juvia saving Gray and being part of him seems so fitting for her. She lives for the one she loves, she stated that in the Tenrou arc. So risking herself to keep him alive, I mean gawd it’s a no brainier that, that is what she would do! Hell she risked herself to save Cana during the Phantom arc! So I have no doubt in my mind she would hurt herself before risking anyone else in the guild’s safety and Gray is in a class all of his own to her. He brought the sun to her in a lifetime of endless rain. He was the one who influenced her to want to join fairy tail, her home where they accept her. He means the world to her !
3. Juvia living in Gray like the water in his blood. Does anyone else think that is somewhat similar to Ur? Ur becoming one with the ice and then the water in the sea to save Gray? Juvia would be doing something similar ! And then Ultear as well! All these important women in his life making sacrifices for Gray, to keep him alive.. Sacrifices where they weren’t necessarily dead, but they are no longer present and/or the same. I don’t know about you, but I see a theme there with Gray. It has kinda become Grays story and it is so so freaking sad !!!! And this is what really makes me afraid that Juvia might really be gone!!!
4. It is almost too perfect. Gray finally tells Juvia what she has been waiting for. She has been so patient with him, always being there for him even at times when he didn’t want her around and more importantly, when he absolute needed her (aka his father). Her being part of him would bring them together forever and she now knows his feelings! We have all been waiting for that moment!! I mean Gray is the one who probably keeps himself the most guarded in fairy tail. Sure he shows his feelings sometimes, but he is somewhat of a brooder, which was how Juvia was opposite of him as she was always so open, once she joined fairy tail.
5. She gives him the power to beat Invel and more importantly to combat the darkness of his magic ! Her being within will provide him with new found strength, and I feel like it will be the key to keep him from being swayed to darkness as she loved him and fairy tail, the two of them together are so incredible as shown in their unison raids! It is beautiful really, and too good a plot point for Mashimina to pass up!! But do I want it to cost me Juvia !!!! FUCK NO!! So if this happens I am praying to the unholy gods that somehow, someway she will come back as herself like Gajeel did. Cause as amazing as a plot point this is (and I think it really is, like the best I’ve seen so far in Alvarez) if hurts a lot !!! And it makes me oh so sad !!!!!
I believe in happy endings and I trust Mashimina to find a way to make this work and not leave me a wreck forever over it! This is fairy tail and I want to see Gray and Juvia finally get what they deserve at the end all of this. Gray has had such a hard life full of loss and Juvia is such a beautiful person, who has also had her struggles before joining Fairy Tail.
However if for some reason this doesn’t work out I won’t fault Mashmina for it. Will I be heartbroken? Absolutely ! But this is his masterpiece and he will have my respect always, my love always, because I love these characters and the world he has created !
So to the next chapter *holds up a drink in preparation for the gawd awful feels* Bring it on! *tips it back*