Important messages from “Yuri!!! on Ice” to an athlete
1. You don’t have an expiration date. Yuuri is a “late bloomer”, you can be that too.
2. To succeed in your sport, you don’t have to be born with talent - hard work and dedication will bring you far.
3. Rivalry doesn’t exclude the possibility of a friendship.
4. What works for others might not work for you. You’re an individual and there’s not one correct answer to what will help you improve your athletic performance. Celestino wasn’t the right coach for Yuuri, ballet didn’t work for Otabek.
5. Some days - maybe weeks or months, even - you won’t perform the way you want to and know you can. That’s okay. You’ll figure it out. Everyone falls into a slump sometimes.
6. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you enjoy your sport. It’s supposed to be fun, even though it might seem to be all work and no fun.
7. You don’t have to fight alone . Don’t be afraid to ask for help - it might help you to develop your skills and help you out of a rough patch