Every time I start to recover from this game I remember that V exists and then I am ABOARD THE FEELS TRAIN. FYI your headcanons are important. Anyway. I would be so incredibly psyched if you could write RFA + Minor Trio learning that MC has a horse, and their reaction to MC's Very Important Very Large Pet.
✿ Fun fact my dad actually tried to get me to like horses as a child. I never really took to them. I have a healthy fear of large, muscly animals who can step on me.
I only really like being stepped on by large, muscly women
- OH MY GOD YOU HAVE A MOUNT LIKE IN LOLOL
- HE WANTS TO FEEL LIKE A COOL KNIGHT WARRIOR MAN PLEASE TEACH HIM HOW TO RIDE YOUR HORSE
- oh god being on top of a horse is scary they’re so tall
- h e l p
- You giggle as you lead Bloomington the III around the pasture with a terrified, squirming Yoosung on top of him. He tries to pretend that he’s Cool with this, because he wants to be a Cool Man, but he’s not cool.
- he’s super not cool.
- Luckily Bloomington is the chillest of horses, and he does not freak out with this strange blond wiggle-man being on top of him. He manages to stay on him for a good fifteen minutes before needing to get off and hyperventilate.
- Despite being terrified, Yoosung also thought the experience was great, and wants to continue trying to get used to your horse. Eventually, you teach him how to ride your baby, and Yoosung is SO HAPPY.
- SO DELIGHTED.
- HE LOVES YOUR VERY IMPORTANT VERY LARGE PET.
- can the three of you join the SCA please
- Zen is less thrilled with your very important, very large pet, because your very important, very large pet keeps trying to eat his hair.
- He puts up with it, however, because your very important, very large pet is beautiful, and he loves posing with him.
- The internet proceeds to blow up with photos of Zen the Prince on your gorgeous white horse, and you giggle when Bloomington the III becomes a minor celebrity for awhile.
- People keep sending him treats. It’s adorable. You tell him how handsome he is and Zen gets a little jealous that he’s not getting all of your attention.
- zen can deal with it.
- bloomy deseves it.
- she. she doesn’t know how to feel about this’.
- like. just.
- he’s so big.
- and so large.
- and requires so much maintenance.
- But you love him dearly, and she loves you dearly, so she tries to get used to his presence.
- At first, she won’t even come near him. She doesn’t say she isn’t interested, but she slips out of every offer you make to spend time together with him. She’ll watch him, but not much else, until one Valentine’s day when - in an effort to please you - she agrees to go on a walk with you and him.
- It goes well. You see her smile. She says maybe another day like this wouldn’t be so bad.
- Slowly, very very slowly, you get Jaehee acclimated to him. You have her feed him, have her pet him, and inch by inch, she starts falling in love with those big, brown eyes of his…
- and the way you look in a jockey outfit, because HOOOOO DAMN DO THOSE RIDING BOOTS MAKE YOU LOOK MIGHTY FINE.
(like tbh her favorite part of horse maintenance is seeing you in your riding gear.)
- Jumin doesn’t Get horses, but he loves you, so he showers Bloomington the III with all the things a hose could want. It only increases in volume when you mention how hard it was growing up, and how you felt like Bloomy was the only creature in the world who understood you. Jumin gets it. He empathizes. And so, he wants to reward your horse for all of the company and comfort he’s given you throughout the years.
- Toys, premium food, the best horse finery he can find… seriously, his man buys him a huge mcfreakin plot of land to do his horsey thing on.
- He even tries to RIDE him, once you give him some lessons, though Jumin is a little absentminded and useless, so that doesn’t go entirely well.
- He loves watching you with him, though, because you look so happy, and you’re always so very lovely when you’re happy.
- are you kidding me
- seven LOVES HORSES
- you own a HORSE???!?
- THAT’S THE COOLEST
- You kinda have to reign Seven in around Bloomington tbh, because he’s a bit too hyperactive and horses don’t really like that. But oh man, once you get him calm
- seven feeds him treats out of the palm of his hand and he has never looked happier in his entire life.
- CAN HE ALSO GET A HORSE PL E A S E
- (seven, no.)
- he’s pretty shy around your horse tbh. He can’t see very well, and he’s not used to animals beyond cats and dogs, but Bloomy is so gentle and so good and V just melts when he nuzzles his hand and snorts on him.
- He gets really interested in trying to photograph your precious equine pal. There’s some pretty interesting history with horse photography - people didn’t really get how horses moved until they could be captured on camera - and V thinks that historical background is neat.
- You gallop and trot Bloomington around for V, letting him take his pictures, and you’re pretty sure that your diva of a pet enjoys the attention.
- V eventually publishes a book of his horse photographs, and right on the very front page there’s a picture of you, riding him, and smiling with the sun in your hair.
- (he says that one is his favorite.)
- Much like Seven, Saeran thinks your horse is great, but he’s way shyer about expressing his affection due to his severe emotional issues. With some coaxing, though, he consents to an introduction, and forming a relationship with Bloomington the III just… really… helps.
- It’s healing for him, taking care of such an intelligent creature. He helps you clean his hooves, brush him, muck his stables, and you can see that he’s happy. It’s good work. Honest work. And at the end of the day, Saeran is rewarded with the love of an innocent, pure creature that doesn’t even understand the concept of evil.
- Saeran gets so into horses, and when you start teaching him how to ride… it’s like the world has opened up for him.
- After some time, he gets a horse of his own, and the two of you go on rides together through the countryside. It’s where Saeran belongs, out in nature, far away from the people who hurt him…
- And he finally finds some measure of peace.
- “uh,” vanderwood says, swallowing something that is definitely not fear. “no thanks.”
- To Vanderwood, horses are big, stinky, and smelly. They’re unpredictable, dangerous, and they just don’t get the appeal. And… they never really do get the appeal. Vandy just isn’t an animal person.
- But they’re a YOU person, so they’re going to be as supportive as they can.
- You can never really get them interacting with him, but they do go to every single one of your horse shows. You do dressage, and while they don’t really like Bloomington on his own, with you riding him? Oh boy
- oh boy howdy
- it’s impressive. the two of you are impressive.
- They can appreciate that, at least, and the bond the two of you share. Vanderwood might not want to directly interact with your horse… but they’re never once unhappy that he exists.