You can create this design with both Gel polish and regular nail polish.
I’m trained in Gel Polish application and use this method on my own nails as it lasts much longer than regular polish.
As Spring is on our doorstep I was feeling the urge to create something fresh and simplistic!
Nude nails go with any outfit, and the nautical stripes add a subtle ‘fashion’ element without being over the top.
I wore this design on my nails last year and received SO many compliments, so I knew I just had to share the ‘how-to’ with you all.
All the products and equipment used are listed below:
So I FINALLY got a gel light and ordered some gummy jelly and the no wipe top coat from enailcouture. I freaking love it. There are probably better products to use to do these built up gel droplets but I was just messing around with it as I don’t have any gems yet.
I put Sinful Colors Orange cream as a base color and the rest is acrylic paints and the little gem looking things are just a holographic glitter piece with built up gel. I also built up the gummy jelly on top of the lady bugs to make them more 3D.
• to make nails grow faster, mix ¼ cup of organic coconut oil, ¼ cup of raw organic honey, and 4 drops of rosemary essential oil. warm it up in the microwave for 15 seconds or less, soak your nails in it for 15 minutes. do this 1-2 times a week because it’s a form of nail exfoliation 💅
• steer clear of acetone-based nail polish! they will scrap your nails and leave them thinner. 👎 gel nail polish is safer and stays on for longer. 👏
• take your supplements if you seriously need them !!! invest in some biotins, omega 3 and omega 6 oils when they’re necessary to improve your health. if not, YOU ARE FINE. you’ll find what you need in your food👌 btw, if you’re black, we especially need vitamin d and sunlight! get that money and TREAT.YO.SELF.
• every once in a while, you get broke hoe problems and we can’t make sugar scrubs without the right ingredients. 😥 but, you got a few bananas left? got some cocoa butter and shea butter, some apricot kernel oil, a little brown sugar too?? MIX THAT SHIT TOGETHER AND PUT IT IN A BLENDER. when it’s completely smooth, pour into a mason jar and add in the brown sugar 👍👍👍 your legs will feel silky smooth and refreshed after the exfoliation, trust.
• drink. your. green. tea!!!! 🍵 i cannot stress this enough! it cleanses bad toxins out of your body, eliminates unneeded bacteria, promotes faster metabolism, and can also promote growth for hair. get at least 1 cup in when you have the time 💧
• change your scarves and pillowcases out if they are cotton. cotton makes the hair brittle and dry and recycles bacteria and dirt into the pores of your face. ❌ using soft fabric like silk and satin will be more gentle on your hair. also, wash your pillowcase every week! avoid all the bad stuff and wallow in the clear. 🌟🌟🌟
• get your protein treatments, ASAP. it cleanses your hair while deep conditioning it and clarifying it of product build-up and leaves your tresses soft and smooth. whip up an egg and 3 tbsps raw plain yogurt mix and massage it into your hair. wash out the egg with cold water after, if not , it will fry inside your hair under heat or with hot water! leave it in for 20 minutes under a heat source, rinse, and then continue on with your shampoo routine ✨✨👸💆
• (FOR NONBINARY PEOPLE, BIOLOGICAL WOMEN, PEOPLE WHO STICK TO THEIR ASSIGNED GENDER) not as busty in the bra size or big in the ass area?? don’t worry. v-necks, crop tees, high waisted shorts/jeans, halter tops, and leggings are great alternatives to emphasizing your body. do your squats!! do your leg exercises!! do your push-ups for those bigger boobs!! never stop pushing yourself to better your body 💪👊☝if you are biologically male, nonbinary, or stick to your assigned gender, maca root supplements help speed up metabolism and balances out the hormones, which would help it have a growth spurt, if wanted 💕
• ginger tea is great if you are hungover and it cures nausea 💝💞
• avoid. putting. coconut oil. in. your. vagina (if you have one) !!!! it is antibacterial and antifungal and does wonders for hair and nails, but steer clear of physically inserting it inside of you. it’s a recipe for a yeast infection, or better yet, if you do it before getting busy in the bedroom, unwanted pregnancy! because it EATS HOLES IN LATEX CONDOMS!!! 👎✊
• do your eyebrows/eyelashes a favor and put extra virgin olive oil and castor oil combined on them. rub it in gently and don’t regret one second!! do it daily for a couple weeks, and you WILL get thicker eyebrows/longer eyelashes. 💋👂
• looking for a makeup remover, but they just don’t work out? mix 2 tbsps alcohol-free rose witch hazel (diluted with water to numb its astringent effect *for sensitive skin ppl out there*) 2 tbsps jojoba oil, and of course, 2 tbsps filtered water. add them all together and pour it into a dispenser and shake it well before using. wipe it on your eyelids with unscented towelettes and walah!! 💁🙌
to get at stray makeup, dip a cotton q-tip into the mixture and be careful and gentle.
• you see this everywhere, but pee after sex!!! please!!!! avoid a uti and infection by doing so. even then, it won’t prevent you entirely from STDs. get tested, get your partner tested! 😘😉
• red raspberry leaf tea helps with heavy and irregular bleeding during your period (if you’re a biological female), and the fragrarine helps tone and tighten the pelvic muscles, which reduces cramps! 🍓🍓🍓🍓 drink it regularly before your period to see results!
• black tea is a natural lip toner! spray onto your lips or rub it in and get them plump, soft, and refreshed! 🍷
• love yourself! 💞💕 pamper your needs and chill at an expensive spa, get a bullet journal, drink your water. drown yourself in well-deserved luxury! me-time is the best time. 😊
-Nice quality wig (protect your identity!)
- Moisturizing conditioner
-Protein Recontructor (use every six weeks)
-Sealant (oil, shea butter, ect)
-Comb set (check to make sure they have no seams)
I love your blog! Do you have any make up tips or advice for someone just starting to use it? Things like essentials or tutorials and what to avoid. I'm extremely new to it.
I am also somewhat new to makeup (my mother literally never wore any when I was growing up) so everything that I’m recommending on this post is based off of personal experience. I have extremely oily skin and focus all of my attention and helping keep my skin as clear as possible, so most of my recommendations are for products of that nature.
I highly recommend subscribing to Birchbox to try out new products. You fill out a profile listing your skin and hair types, and let them know what you’re looking to accomplish beauty wise. They send you wonderful samples each month, generally these are large enough for multiple uses. They will occasionally send you bullshit samples (I personally do not care about cheap perfumes) but it’s 90% awesome products.
Regardless, I hope you find this helpful! And thanks for the love. :)
1. Skin Type. Skin types are generally: oily/acne-prone, dry, sensitive, or a combination. Try to avoid using products that don’t suit your skin type, chain drugstores such as CVS and Rite Aid generally do a good job at stocking a variety of products (and there’s always Amazon). If you don’t know your skin type, start out using products for sensitive skin and see how they work for you.
2. Lotion. There are all sorts of different types of moisturizing lotions for every different part of your body. Although it may seem tempting, don’t ever use hand & body lotion on your face. You know how the corporations love to make us spend money! I recommend:
Jason: I love this facial lotion! It’s for sensitive skin and smells incredible.
SheaMoisture: This facial lotion is perfect for oily/combination skin.
Bath & Body Works: My absolute favorite hand & body lotion. Smells incredible and makes my skin so smooth.
4. Concealers/foundation! Ideally you’re looking for something that doesn’t doesn’t feel “heavy” or “sticky” on your face. If you’re uncomfortable using brushes, you can use clean, dry hands to gently pat concealer into place.
Hey Honey Concealer. This is the priciest item that I’m recommending to you, but this is because it last forever. I got a sample size of it from Birchbox eight months ago and it’s still only half used. Invest in yourself! Invest in your skin. This works for all skin types.
Nyx is another great concealer for oily/acne prone skin.
Maybelline: These can get $$ but last literally forever.
6. Lipstick. Lipstick is unfortunately not something I can advise you on, because I do not wear it. I do, however, wear tinted chapstick which I absolutely love. Fortunately lipstick is covered in several of the guides I linked to down below.
7. Facial Wipes. These are a great way to remove makeup, excess oil, dirt, etc from your face. I recommend:
SheaMoisture: Just because I would jump off a cliff if SheaMoisture told me it was good for my skin.
8. Nail Polish. If you can afford it, get your nails professionally done for $25 every two weeks (gel polishes last the longest). Most nail polish brands that you can purchase online or in a store for relatively inexpensive will last you a week tops. This is unfortunate, but the price we pay for our beauty. Here are some inexpensive brands that I enjoy:
Sally Hansen: I wear this brand in black every single day of my life and LOVE it. This is the longest lasting nail polish brand I have found thus far.
Wet N’ Wild: These are super inexpensive and relatively easy to find. Also- that name tho.
Essie: If you can afford it, turn to Essie for long lasting polish! This is the nail polish I will buy when I have the money to afford it.
9. Face Mask. I am OBSESSED with face masks. Literally. I just love the way they feel and how they make my skin super smooth and soft. I do two a week, which is not recommended for all skin types. If you have sensitive skin or dry skin, one a week should be plenty. I recommend:
Peel Off: This is a less extreme (and much less expensive) version of the blackhead mask you see heavily advertised on social media. It does make your skin feel incredible, but it doesn’t really help whiteheads or plain old acne the way mud masks do.
I use this mud mask every week. I bought it last August and still have about half a jar left. So incredible, so beneficial (for my skin at least), and does visibly reduce acne.
If you live near a CVS stop by. They actually make decent masks that are super inexpensive. The one problem I find with these masks is that they aren’t very thick. I like thick. DIY Banana Face Mask
ASMR ‘젤 떼내기 Remove Gel polish’ by Suzevi (no talking) By Suzevi ASMR
This one! It should be illegal to dispense so many tingles. It zonks me out in seconds with just the right kind of skritches. Suzevi is an absolute killer vid maker, and this is a new all-time-great for me.