*classmate gets in trouble for talking when I was also talking*
who am I? Can I condemn this man to slavery pretend I do not feel his agony this innocent who bears my face who goes to judgment in my place. Who am I? Can I conceal myself forevermore pretend I'm not the man I was before and must my name until I die be no more than an alibi. Must I lie? How can I ever face my fellow men? How can I ever face myself again?
I’m watching Les Miserables on FXM, and I forgot how Aaron Tveit/Enjolras delivered the line “We’re the only ones left.” He says it as if his decision to remain and fight at the barricades is the most natural thing in the world. He says it with nonchalance, prepping a rifle. But the way Enjolras’ voice goes small when allowing men to leave if they wish makes it clear that he’s scared. He might have been prepared to die, and he is, but he’s scared nonetheless.
It makes it really nice that Gavroche starts to sing, “Do You Hear the People Sing?” like he’s comforting Enjolras.
Can we take a moment to imagine Les Amis and co. in a bounce house?
- Courfeyrac rented it for Feuilly’s birthday because “C'mon man, you deserve a bounce house! You work 3 jobs 7 days a week for crying out loud!” but also because he just really wanted to go on a bounce house.
- Bahorel helps Courf literally throw Feuilly into the bounce house and then proceeds to dive in himself.
- Feuilly pretends to sigh about the whole situation but he’s actually very pleased that he gets to enjoy his birthday off work in such a ridiculous way.
- Combeferre adores seeing Courf having so much fun on this giant balloon monstrosity that he’s rented and joins his boyfriend in somersaulting from one end of the bounce house to the other and back.
- Joly, Bossuet, and Musichetta hold hands while they’re bouncing - so when Bossuet trips and falls he drags his significant others down with him and they all land in a heap, tangled together and laughing so hard that they cry.
- Grantaire, slightly tipsy, falls over inside the bounce house and lands directly on top of Enjolras, which leads to much blushing and many mumbled apologies.
- Montparnasse comes to the party at Jehan’s request. He feels awkward at first since he’s never really interacted with the rest of Les Amis in a social setting before, but after a while Parnasse can be found dancing with Jehan inside the bounce house and loudly singing along to Taylor Swift’s “22”
- Gavroche riding on Courf’s shoulders as Courf bounces until Gav falls off laughing. Gavroche and Azelma getting to enjoy being children in a bounce house surrounded by their adopted family.
- Marius and Cosette are basically joined at the hip and can’t stop smiling and staring at each other, causing them to frequently crash into others inside the bounce house, much to everyone’s amusement.
- Eponine keeps “accidentally” pushing Grantaire in Enjolras’s direction while they bounce and not-so-subtly hinting to her best friend to “just go for it, R!” because “How cool would it be to be able to say that your first kiss with Apollo was in a fucking bounce house?!” (Years later, at Enjolras and Grantaire’s wedding, Grantaire thanks Eponine for her meddling.)
Les Mis AU where everything is the same except that everyone from Les Amis is safe and no one dies.
Eponine, Marius and Cosette are in a very open three way relationship. They all get what they want. They end up married to each other.
Enjolras figures out that Grantaire loves him as much as he also loves wine. They get married on the anniversary of Barricade day (June 5)
Courfeyrac and Combeferre get married at some point after the fighting ends and adopt Gavroche. They all live together in a lil apartment in Paris. Gavroche goes to school to find out what little people really can do.
Jehan and Montparnasse get married and adopt a lil girl who grows up with Gavroche, goes to all the Amis meetings with her dads and becomes a strong supporter of a freed France much like her family.
JOLY BECOMES AN ACTUAL DOCTOR. He finishes his education and opens his own practice. He and Bossuet get married by Musichetta who still shares them both from time to time but they discovered in that three way interaction that the two men fell in love with each other and it’s a wonderful thing for everyone involved.
AND FINALLY BAHOREL AND FEUILLY GROW A GARDEN TOGETHER. They end up moving in together and decide to grow a little garden with veggies and flowers. Just things to help the Amis remember a happier time.
I needed way more of Eponine, Montparnasse and Gavroche living together and finding a family in each other. Also this is inspired by @unicorngunter‘s fanart.
The bathroom schedule is so tight, and it’s all Montparnasse’s fault. His beauty products clog more than half of the available space. Gavroche plays home bowling with the bottles to rile him up
Eponine and Montparnasse turn up at every teacher-parent meetings (though Eponine consistantly *drags* Montparnasse for him to go with her.) One teacher thought they were Gavroche’s parents and got REALLY CONCERNED.
Montparnasse: “If someone bothers you at school, you tell me.” Gavroche: “I can slay my own bitches, thank you very much.”
Gavroche and Eponine throw a monthly fashion show in the appartment, meaning they put on Montparnasse’s clothes while he’s not there and parade around the place imitating him
Eponine and Montparnasse share lipsticks, some gloves and some leather jackets
Montparnasse is by far the tallest and makes small jokes constantly but: Gavroche: “You’ve sunk so low, Parnasse. Tie my laces while you’re down there.”
Grantaire and Babet show up every fortnight for poker night. Since none of them have money to burn, they use candy for chips.
Montparnasse has a special wine for nights Eponine turns into a pining mess. It’s called “Pine-ot Noir”. Eponine said she prefered whisky, but: Montparnasse: “This is a classy household, I won’t have that wheat nonsense. Get a grip, Ponine.”