i really love how the Frozen fandom feels like a family
but like, a family with all that involves, pros and cons
you have the wonderfully talented gif makers who feel like mums and dads who love making their kids happy
you have the adorable siblings who headcanon stuff based on anything and it’s both remarquable and heartbreaking (so sometimes we say ‘I HATE YOU FOR THIS’, but as a sibling it’s actually not mean at all and quite complimenting)
you have the cousins you see once in a goddamn year but who do amazing novel-length fanfictions
you have the gay aunts, of course you have the gay aunts, who bring the best fanarts
and then you have that weird always-drunk relative that everyone stares in horror that is constable-frozen
Starbucks won’t make it for you (and neither can I because I don’t live near you) but here’s a recipe so you can make it yourself:
4 bags Darjeeling tea (or any black tea, really. Darjeeling has a slightly unusual flavor when it’s iced, so just be aware of that. I think it goes well with the mint, though.) 2 cups water
2 cups milk (2%, soy, tigernut, whatever. it’s your latte) 4 tsp sugar (raw/turbinado is best but white/granulated is a-okay too!) ½ tsp vanilla ½ tsp mint extract (for that ~festive frosty factor~) 10 drops blue food coloring 7 drops red food coloring (not exact. colors are hard. do your best.)
*Makes 1, 2 or 3 servings, depending on how much you like sugary drinks and how many of your friends are Fall Out Boy fan.
If you have a stove and a tea strainer, you can do it the actual “milk tea” way, by brewing the tea in the milk on a pan on the stove.
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a pan on the stove. Add the tea (loose-leaf and out of the bag brews better), reduce the heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Then add the 2 cups of milk, and let it come up to a simmer again. Strain through a tea strainer into a heat-proof container and add sugar, vanilla, mint extract and food coloring until combined.
3. Chill. The tea, I mean. But you can chill too. M A N I A isn’t until January. You’ll have plenty of time to freak out later.
4. (Optional:) Now put that mad creation in a Starbucks cup to confuse people. Take a picture. Post it on twitter. Tag Pete.
Directions (the make-do version):
Life doesn’t always work out perfectly, and that’s okay. You can still join in the fun. Here’s what to do if you have no tea strainer or full kitchen (dorm life):
1. Boil 2 cups of water and brew the tea bags in a large mug or pyrex measuring cup for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags so it doesn’t get bitter af.
2. Add the sugar, vanilla, mint extract, and food coloring and stir to combine.
3. Chill for a few hours. Seriously. It’s okay. Things will turn out alright, and you’ll be able to handle things better if you’re more relaxed. …wait, where was I? Oh, right:
4: Add the milk.
5: Stay frosty.
*muffled sound of “champion” playing from another room*