First off I just want to say that I know that it makes me cruel but I’m glad Wyatt didn’t get Jessica back, it would have just made so much unnecessary drama and that’s not what this show is about.
I loved all of Rufus’s references and fangirling in this episode, and I love that we got to see more of Anthony’s character development (I still have a hard time believing that Flynn killed him). I love that Lucy trusts Wyatt so much that she’d go with him seconds after saying that his idea was ‘insane’ and then again I love her even more for wishing him luck on getting his wife back (as painful as that was). Wyatt also had a lot of really good lines through all of this craziness and when he wasn’t being stupid I was laughing along side him (the picking out of their outfits was defintely a favorite). And Agent Christopher- this episode REALLy proved how much she loves her team and would do anything for them, even support Lucy’s crazy ideas; and on top of that she never doubted Lucy after finding out who her father was, which to me means a lot.
Gif credits available when you click on the images.
This moment between Lucy and Jiya AFTER Lucy had already realized she loved Wyatt, was killer. She knows he trusts her but Jiya’s words had a sting because she knew he chose Jess; but the best part is that it doesn’t make her angry, if anything it softens her heart more to Wyatt’s pain. And of course she feels bad the boys didn’t tell Jiya. There’s so many things going on in this scene even though there are very little words said.
1. Strong, powerful, independent women who are the heroines of the story rather than the damsels-in-distress
That’s enough of a reason alone. But just in case… I have about 10 other reasons to watch it if you’re interested and they’re all relevant and important.
2. There is real affection between a woman and another woman that is not any sort of queer-baiting but is genuine love, trust, faith and compassion formed from a deep friendship
3. It teaches you many lessons in life that are still relevant in today’s paradigm. Specifically messages about love, forgiveness, vengeance and redemption. Often at times you are forced to see the most lovable characters in the show in a negative way and the most hatable characters in the show in a positive way. This is to understand the nature of humanity in a more in-depth way than before. After all, complications in a person’s personality is what makes them all the more dynamic and admirable, do they not? We all have evil and good in us. What matters though is which side of us we choose to feed. Many of the characters in this show teach you the significance of this in very intense ways
4. It teaches you all about balance and how opposites and polarities that seem completely contradicting work together to create the bigger picture to how life really is and what would happen if either side of the spectrum disappeared or didn’t exist
5. It is the best representation for LGBTQ in the 90’s/early 2000’s. Again, no queer-baiting for the sake of ratings. If the LGBTQ community tuned in, it’s because they found sincerity and value in it
6. One of the so-called “villains” in the show has a real story as to how they became the hard-hearted and psychotic person they are. This is specifically designed for the purpose of getting the audience to sympathise and maybe even empathise with them
7. There is an episode that deals with the sexual, physical and emotional abuse of one of the lead characters. This is done so cleverly that it doesn’t seem obvious, therefore isn’t offending or unbearable to watch, yet still stays true to the seriousness of the situation. It is your preference to choose to see it as rape or something else which I really respect about this episode and the show in general
8. I said LGBTQ is represented in the show. I want to focus specifically on the T part of it. In an episode there is a transgender/transsexual character that delivers the message of how hard it is to be yourself in a world that wants to see you in a different way. How your power and worth is taken away from you just because you’re not accepted for who you are. Many episodes carry this message but never more profoundly than this episode
9. It deals with family estrangement. Scenarios such as unwilled pregnancy and forced marriage. Parents that have disowned, neglected and abandoned you. Crises with jealousy and resentment from sibling rivalry. But most strongly, right from the very first episode, a mother’s deep shame because of the lead characters’ sinful actions of her past
10. One of the lead characters gets into a situation in an episode where she has to decide whether to fight in a just cause to protect and defend someone she loves or surrender and do nothing. This is a very strong and important message because often we feel there is no other option but to fight when someone we love is threatened and in danger. We are forced to realize that if we do fight, aren’t we becoming just like the person we feel we have to fight and prolonging the violence? And also realize what would become of us if we choose to do nothing at all and something bad happens to the person we love? Will we ever forgive ourselves for not defending them? Will we forever regret not acting out in violence in order to protect them from harm, or in the worst case, save their life?
I could go on and on but I will stop at 10 reasons otherwise this post is going to be incredibly long. Honestly though, this show has unbelievable writing and producing and acting that you can take so much from it. Almost every episode has a message or moral of some kind that is important and significant to know, understand and learn. There is no other show that I’ve seen that does this better, or really, at all. The character development and evolution for the lead and recurring characters dig deep inside and underneath your skin and hit your heart so hard. You are required and expected to see, hear, feel and know what is most important in life and how to deal with it. And furthermore, it is just incredibly entertaining and interesting. This is why Xena: Warrior Princess is timeless and is still relevant to watch in 2017.
Hey guys! With the season (but hopefully not series) finale coming up I thought I’d start a new tag!
This tag is basically what the title says ‘Timeless scenes from every episode;’ I’ll be making this tag virtually a favorite scenes tag (but you know Timeless version) but other than that you can do whatever you want with it. This is my part of the #RenewTimeless campaign but it’s also something that I have been thinking about doing for my new favorite show. It’s too good to get cancelled!
So signal boost and share this tag! And get creating! We were trending last Monday lets see if we can keep the hype going :)
I’m going to be doing this working backwards from 1x15- 1x01 (I’ll throw 1x16 in there once it happens) but feel free to do this in any order!
Gif maker credits are available when you click on the images!
I'm really curious why you don't draw the DP logo now :D if you don't mind, could you explain it?
*breathes a big chunk of air* My time has come
It’s not that, I don’t like it or something. The DP logo is actually pretty neat, I fully approve it as a graphic designer. But as a phan… it kind of annoys me, and this is why:
1) The only reason they put it on Danny’s chest is merchandising. Every brand needs a logo, so they did it. There’s not a good reason for that logo to be there, plotwise, so I can’t take it seriously.
2) “Memory Blank” basically rewrote the origin story, so from that episode onwards, every time we hear the opening, well… that’s not how it really happened, isn’t it? The DP logo is proof that the origin we all know and love is canon no more.
3) “Memory blank” send to garbage every headcanon about Danny’s power level growth, because he became halfa at least months after his “first time”. So every time he gets better with his powers, it’s just him learning how to use powers he already has. It may be not that bad for someone, but I looove those headcanons about powers growth :(
Aaaand this is it. All my pointless pettyness explained. Every time i draw a logoless Danny, you all know that he is from an AU where “Memory blank” never happened and I’m happy v.v