Been hearing someone (anon) in an fan blog ask said that @crackmccraigen and @suspendersofdisbelief admitted that Dominator was made concept first then character second (which that part was true cause they came up with her as a Michael Bay version of Lord Hater and what made her better than the Main 4, to then explore her character flaws and depth later on through My Fair Hatey, The Night Out, The Robomechbotatron, The Flower, and The End of the Galaxy, when before that musical, she was the token of Hater’s affections).
And then he/she said that based on Dom’s loneliness trait by the end of the series, if Season 3 were to be made, they would further explore her character (without backstory as usual), and if there’s a path through her loneliness moments, she would have to find someone to express her thoughts towards including something about “making up with Hater” to prove that being in love with him would make her good, which was what the anon said.
That I don’t know if Craig or Frank did say that in a private message, Tweet, or ask blog post cause normally they can’t reveal any specific plot points to the already cancelled S3 or did hint about how Dominator’s story would play out in S3, but not go that specific to avoid spoilers.
Also, they’ve seen the second status quo episodes criticism (and sometimes brief backlash that luckily wasn’t as toxic as Steven Universe) from The Battle Royale to The Rival of making the “Hater loves Dominator” episodes that rubbed some fans off cause of making her “the love interest” than giving her more to do than just a prize (except The Bot), and they knew that this portion isn’t the whole show and Craig usually doesn’t develop serious romantic stories in his past shows and this one.
Craig even said it that he and his crew does look at the fans’ thoughts in their posts throughout Social Media and see what worked for them or not and try to at least avoid some missteps in the future while still defending a few parts that they felt satisfying, but would plan to go further in what worked for themselves and the viewers.
I know there are some fans out there that don’t mind seeing Hater and Dominator try again in their relationship if Season 3 happens (and have a well written arc and still keep Dom her own character post-My Fair Hatey), but there are some fans here also that aren’t huge fans of that and it would be distracting from the new arc planned.
The portion of Dominator getting back together with Hater as claimed by an anon I think is false cause I don’t see their response vaguely hinting that, or taking about it behind the scenes. The crew have already saw the feedback of the fans and some viewers regarding the second status quo (seeing what worked and what didn’t), and they knew some plans to keep Dominator’s character still fresh without being “the love interest”, and Hater pretty much now hates her after she crushed his heart and destroyed every last bit of the planet for him to conquer. Also, the S3 arc is planned to focus on Wander primarily along with Sylvia, Hater, and Peepers dealing with a new threat worse than Dominator, so she might be supporting character for now and still has her evil traits after being saved by Wander.
We’ll never know about what Dominator’s new arc would’ve been like when it comes to dealing with her loneliness and whether the “romantic” element would be used despite the minor backlash of the Hater loves Dominator episodes. But since the show is still cancelled and we don’t know when it might return if the SaveWOY campaign does well or not, maybe it’s best to not speculate any further on that portion and just focus on the more promising arcs vaguely hinted that have potential to shine.
Let the crew still make their own ideas/expand further on the S3 ideas they felt might work if given the chance by Disney to make them. Perhaps they have more that could surprise us that’s either great or unexpected of our expectations. They may still make story choices some might not be pleased, or focus on what worked as stated by the viewers/fans and primarily the crew themselves. But in the end, it’s best to enjoy the show for what it is and not get angry at it for what it isn’t. Then again, It’s alright to criticize some parts that didn’t work for you, but never go to the extreme of threatening the crew cause it’s not worth their time and yours.
1. What language, besides your native language, would you like to learn/be fluent in? Italian.
2. How many pairs of shoes do you have? Atm I can see ten but I have more.
3. What’s the last compliment you got? My uni friend told me that they loved my hair.
4. What’s your favourite quote at the moment? “There is no Them, there is only Us. Some of Us think this or some of Us think that, but we’re all Us.”- Lisa Williams.
5. What does your name mean? Light, clear.
6. Music taste? My taste in music is all over the place. Tyler the Creator, Blink 182, Christian Scott, ZHU, Craig David, Frank Ocean, Kaytranada, AM, Sleater Kinney, The Internet and everything else under the sun.
7. Do you have any other SM (social media) sites? I never post anything I just like stuff.
8. What is your favourite food? Right now it’s risotto.
9. Age? 19.
10. Birthday? Juneee.
11. Favourite drink? Milkshakes ftw.
12. Current drama? My friends are sending mormons to each others houses and I don’t want to get involved.
13. If you were a pokemon, what would you be called and what would you look like? Charmander bro.
14. Cats or dogs? Why not have the best of both worlds?
15. Do you have freckles? no
16. Who is your style crush? Kristen Stewart all the way.
17. Favourite candle scent or scent in general? Anything sweet.
18. Do you have any weird obsessions? Watching youtube videos of people painting.
19. Do you still watch cartoons? Adventure Time is the only one.
20. Do you like wearing slippers? Yeah around the house.
21. Shark diving, bungee jumping, or skydiving? Bungee Jumping.
22. What are your favourite clothing stores? UO and Runway Bandits.
23. What is your favourite ice cream flavour? Almond.
24. Do you have any phobias? Bugs are ew.
25. What is your wardrobe colour scheme? A lot of grey, black and blue.
26. Tea or coffee? Tea.
27. Favourite clothing item? Quilted sweaters.
28. What would your dream bedroom look like? Spacious with plenty of wardrobe space and a vanity. I’d also love to have my XBOX in my room.
29. What were your best childhood TV shows? Victorious and American Dragon. I can’t remember the rest.
30. What do you always have on you? This necklace I got about a year ago.
31. What is the current temperature outside right now? 9°C or 48 °F