1) “wow you look so much better with your glasses off!” just. please don’t.
2) take their glasses off their face and refuse to give them back. it isn’t quirky or funny, it’s really, really annoying.
3) “oh you got new glasses? i don’t like them.” you obviously have no idea a: how much those cost (hint: a lot, unless they were free w/ insurance) or b: how long whoever you’re dissing probably spent picking those out.
4) “how many fingers am i holding up???!?” i will break in to wherever you are and flip you off.
5) poke the lenses of their glasses. does this REALLY need an explanation?
Who’s your favorite movie character to wear glasses?
For National Eyewear Day, here’s our tribute to our favorite bespectacled characters from Sundance Film Festival titles throughout the years. Glasses are often used as visual shorthand for the stereotype of a ‘nerd’ or ‘weirdo,’ but these characters stand out for their charm, depth, and personality. Whether near sighted or far, horn-rimmed or aviator: here’s lookin’ at you, four eyes!
Film stills courtesy of Welcome to the Dollhouse, Napoleon Dynamite, Cronies, Little Miss Sunshine, Smoke Signals, I Don’t Feel at Home in this World Anymore (Photo by Allyson Riggs), Enigma, and Waitress.