These are authors from the awesome web serie the Poe Party by @shipwreckedcomedy ! I wish I could drew more of the cast, especially the cop duo which were so much fun to watch. So if you didn’t watch this show yet, i don’t know what you are waiting for. LIT JOKES EVERYWHERE.
And again sorry for the RGB conversion. tumblr, whyyyyyyyyy
As an Actual Poe Scholar™ (yes somehow that is my job, I still don’t know how I managed to luck out like this), I have to wax poetry at some point on Edgar
Allan Poe’s Murder Mystery Invite Only Casual Dinner Party/Gala For Friends Potluck, which is the most brilliant webseries ever produced by man or ghost.
- all the digs taken at Louisa May Alcott and the Transcendentalists and Boston are just perfectly in character
- Poe manages to be emo, dramatic as hell, soft and sweet, and yet as petty as can be at the same time which, again, is just SO him
- side note, my favorite thing he ever wrote is an editorial response to a Bostonian woman, about whom he says a lot of mean things, before concluding that “I forgive her, poor dear. Her heart is in the right place! Wish the same could be said of her wig.” and if that isn’t just the SICKEST BURN
- all the references to Clue, which is a very underrated movie
- all the references, period. They are always spot on, always funny. These guys are True Literature Nerds and boy have they done their homework
- the cast is incredible, especially when you watch other things they’ve been in and realize how well they play such varied characters
- the FOMO prologue with Emerson is so representative of their actual relationship and of both men that I sent the video to my thesis advisor who is an Actual Emerson Scholar™ and he was amazed
- seriously, this could count as a crash course on American Literature
last year i was blessed by the wonderful web-series, edgar allan poe’s murder mystery dinner party, (you can watch it here!!!) and i fell hard for the characters of lenore and H.G. wells, a short little tragic romance which ends up with a cute ghostly happily-ever-after.
More fanart of Edgar Allan Poe’s Murder Mystery Dinner Party (created by @shipwreckedcomedy ) This time I’ve drawn Lenore as played by @sineadpersaud and H.G. Wells as played by Blake Silver in a sort of Tim Burton style.