For When I Get Angry and Everything Goes Red
Conversations to have with myself:
- Why don’t you breathe in while counting to two, then count to two again, then breathe out while counting to two?
- Good, good. Now let’s do that all over again, another five to ten times.
- Hey, how’s your jaw doing? Is it all clenched? Are you grinding your teeth? How about we relax that jaw there?
- Ditto your hands. Stop making those fists, buddy.
- All right, now let’s go to your shoulders. Are they up around your ears? Maybe lower ‘em down a bit, okay?
- Good, good. Bet you’re feeling a bit better now, aren’t you?
- I thought so.
- You’re welcome, self friend.