I remember it like it was yesterday, although it was decades ago.
My sister and I had been fighting again, like we did so often, like I suspect most sisters do at that age.
This fight got more heated than usual. I screamed an obscenity at my sister before turning to storm out of the room, but then my neck suddenly whipped back painfully and I realised she was yanking my hair. In pain and shock, I spun around and slapped her hard across the face.
Skirt: Fint Top, hat and gloves: Vintage/thrifted Bag: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Parasol: Alice and the Pirates Tea cup and saucer earrings were bought at the Romantic à la Mode fair, but I can’t remember the artist/brand’s name. :(
- Add the chopped Basil to a pestle & mortar and work into a consistent fine mass, add the honey and muddle into a paste.
- You can apply this straight to your face with a cotton pad or separate the liquid from the bits by pouring it into a saucer or cup. The liquid is the important stuff as all the goodness has been extracted from the bits in the mortar!
- Let the mixture soak in over 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
What does this do?
- The Basil helps to clear blackheads away and kill off any lingering germs. It also reduces inflammation caused by any rogue acne and tones the skin.
- The Honey helps to bind any impurities that the basil draws out of the pores and it’s antibacterial properties help to deeply cleanse it of any bacteria that could potentially become infected spots.
- This mask is great for helping tone the skin and clear away blackheads while preventing acne build up.
Quick bonus tip! if you suffer really badly from blackheads around the nose area just wet two fresh basil leaves and place on either side of your nose for 15 minutes, this will help to fight blackheads.
This is a ceramic light blue cup and saucer lovingly hand painted with a witchy design.
The saucer is painted with a blue pentagram in the middle around which are dark pink sigils with light glittery purple dots around the edge.
The inside cup features the hand made sigil at the very bottom in blue with dots of dark pink up the sides.
The paint is fixed and dishwasher safe so its perfect for a relaxing cup of herbal tea, or indeed any tea!