In old recipes and spells, strange ingredients are often called for such as “Eye of Dog” or “Bone of a Dead man.” Through research (of Cunnigham and my Grandma) I found out what’s REALLY being requested.😊 .
Eyes: Eyebright or Daisy
Hair: Maidenhair Fern
Skin of a Man: Fern
Bloody Fingers: Foxglove
Unicorn Horn: Unicorn Root
So when these animals are asked for, use this herb instead:
FUN FACT: When a sacrifice is called for, it means you should bury an egg, NEVER does it mean to kill any living thing!!!
The part called for in a recipe means the part of the herb to be used, as follows;
Head: the flower
Paw, foot, leg, scale: leaf
Tooth: leaf, seed pod
Guts: root or stalk
Hair: the dried version of the herb
Eye: the inner blossom
The heart: the bud or a big seed.
A lot of plants like Crowfoot or Cat’s Tail are usually found in old recipes, do not mistake them for actual animal parts! Practice safely and have a Blessed Evening! 🌛🌝🌜
1. Use oats in a sock when you bath for soft skin
2. Epsom salts in your bath with some lavender flowers and essential oils makes for a relaxing detox bath throw in some candles meditation music and a few amethysts and it’s lovely
3. Use witch hazel to calm pimples and help with cuts or burns
4. Rose water and witch hazel can be used as a face mist for moisturising and getting rid of spots
5. Use honey and sherry to help a sore throat and cough whiskey works too
6. Honey and sugar makes a great lip scrub
7. For am extreme moisture mask pack some wer oats on your face and let it dry then rinse and pat dry
8. Drink green tea with mint for concentration and detox
9. Bring equal amounts grapefruit juice and sugar to a simmer to make a wonderful syrup to mix in tea for iced tea or with plain water for a lovely detoxing drink
10. If you’re a shy person keep a green ribbon or charm with you when you go out for confidence
11. Study with a peppermint smell near you then when the time comes to use that knowledge suck on a peppermint this jogs the memory
The Swamp Mud is a metaphor, her metaphor. She’s a sophisticated witch with extraordinary gifts. Hiding out as a hippie swamp rat. From humble hillbilly stocks, she’s been a witch since birth. Her power and humanity separating her from everyone around her. In fact, those around her tried endlessly to destroy her in order to mask their own evil purposes. Yet she rose from the ashes stronger than ever, more fully realized. A living testament to the greater ideals of our coven. Power, compassion, and uniqueness. We are lucky to have found her and she us.