@queerbuckthrace tagged me some time ago to post five things I like about myself. This is a very hard thing for me to do, but I shall give it a shot.
1. I’m a damn good knitter/spinner/crocheter. I taught myself to crochet from a book when I was 10. Learned knitting from a book when I was 30. And in my early 40s I learned to spin - not from a book. I can’t learn shit about spinning from anything other than actually seeing it. No, videos are not at all useful. Weird.
2. I have great hair. Granted, it’s not like I have any control over the fact that I have thick, coarse hair. But it’s still something I like. Can’t believe I’ve had it long this long.
3. I’m reasonably adventurous. I mean, I live in China. And not one of the big cities everyone’s heard of. No, I’m in some small (by Chinese standards) city way up in the northeast, entirely too close to North Korea.
4. I refuse to grow old gracefully. Flat out not gonna do it. As it is, I play at being a grown up. I have a job, I pay my bills, I buy food and eat. But I also play quite a bit. More than I think is “expected”.
5. There is no number five because all the things I don’t like about myself are pushing forward in my brain, and this list is not about all those things.
There doesn’t seem to be a “tag x number of people” on this, so please do it if you’d like. :)