13x02: Daddy Issues
Ya know, for a Buckleming, that was a good episode. I mean, there were definitely things to check off for BINGO, but overall, not bad.
Some thoughts, in no particular order:
- So many daddy issues:
- Jack is still conflicted about his real father, his chosen father, and these two guys that he kind of looks up to and who may or may not hate him.
- Sam is trying to do what John DIDN’T do for him. I really love how Sam’s taking charge more and is really coming into his own.
- Dean is a hot mess and is in danger of becoming John 2.0. Of course, we know that Dean won’t ever go down that road completely, but he’s hurting and he’s pulling some of the same crap that John did to his kids.
- Oh and what common event caused both these men to break? Losing a loved one? Hm. That’s interesting.
- Lucifer, on both sides of the spectrum. Blah blah he’s still pissed at God and apparently he’s Emo™ and Misunderstood and Mary couldn’t possibly know what that he actually always wanted to be Father of the Year and run a preschool for fledgling angels and be a foster parent for wayward seraphim and shucks he woulda just been so cuddly.
- Asmodeus!Bartender just kind of lays it out there… *anvils*