Hey, if youre in this tag to self harm, please see this as a sign to stop. Whether you physically hurt yourself or not, self harm is self harm. Take care of yourself. Go through a tag that brings you joy, not pain.
like the thing is, cis people are already attracted to trans people. i know a lot of you like to think otherwise, but you can’t just magically tell who’s trans and who’s not. that cute girl you saw at the movies might have been a trans girl. the hot guy you were drooling over in class might have been a trans guy, and unless they told you, you’d have no idea.
so the whole “i’m just not attracted to trans people” doesn’t work. you already are attracted to us, but the second you find out we’re trans, suddenly we’re unbearable? stop trying to hide behind shit like this and just admit that you’re transphobic.
referring to a trans woman as anything other than a woman/female is transphobic. referring to a trans man as anything other than a man/male is transphobic. referring to a nonbinary person as anything other than nonbinary/their gender is transphobic.
misusing science to harm others is anything but scientific, ur using it as a base to harm ppl, to justify ur hatred and bigotry.
things tumblr needs to stop thinking are good, cool or constructive
- looking for things to be offended by
- glorifying certain demographics
- vilifying other demographics
- throwing around words such as ableist, sexist, transphobic, etc like confetti to the point where they are becoming meaningless (much to the harm of victims of actual hatred)
- self victimization
- policing people’s language
- throwing tantrums over fictional characters not representing demographics you like
- pretty much reducing people to small aspects of their identity
- doxxing and bullying people who disagree with you
- conflating gender with personality traits or clothing style
- pretending that obesity is not a bad thing
- prioritizing hurt feelings over everything else
- pretending that you strive for equality when really you strive for special treatment
a daily reminder that the reason down with cis is a meme in the first place is because a violent transphobe (who casually joked about running trans people over with a bus after the meme exploded) made up a fake story about a group of trans people renting out a bus and tried beating up him and his friend for literally no reason than they were cis (you know, that thing hat happens to trans people like, all the time)
that post gained notes for nearly two months with no cis people speaking against it. just some trans people reblogging it to make commentary on how stupid it was. it wasn’t until it finally exploded into full memehood that cis people started speaking against it at all: this idea that they were somehow in danger at all. only when they were finally the butt of the joke was when cis people finally started speaking against it
so i guess in a way the whole point of the story, to demonize us as these violent aggressors when that is not the case, actually did come full circle when all was said and done! like always, we’re blamed for our own frustration and anger, and how we chose to vent it out