Your hand is shaking on the doorknob, you can still hear the laughter from somewhere in the distance. The door won’t open, it feels slimy, wet, almost. You back up, struggling to reload your grenade launcher, figuring you could blow the door open. You back up slowly, you just had the grenades in your pocket, where could they have gone!? You start to panic, maybe you used the last ones. Maybe you could drop by the El Ammo Bandito machine you passed a bit away. However, a shadow stood over you. You were cornered. You turned around, your change in your hand, he was there. “Welcome…” Not like this… “TO THE CIRCUS OF VALUES!”
- Little Sisters that have echolalia and it’s why they repeat the same few phrases over and over.
- Little Sisters that stim by playing with the string of their dress, twirl their hair, and tap their little feet.
- Little Sisters that happily flap their arms when they see Delta/their Big Daddy because they’re so excited to see them.
- Delta and other Big Daddies knowing just what to do when they have a sensory overload episode.
- Tenenbaum, being autistic herself, develops a kinship with them because she knows exactly what it’s like and has stim toys with her at all times.
- Little Sisters explaining their special interests to Delta, and Sinclair since he’s technically listening in, as they ride on the former’s back. Some girls are into trains, others Disney Princesses, butterflies, and one girl is absolutely obsessed with the Circus of Values because her special interest are clowns.
- Delta is an avid listener.
- Little Sisters seem to have a schedule so they do pretty well and get used to it. The sudden change of environment, sounds, and loss of their routine can cause an overload, but I feel like it would do the same for a neurotypical child.
“They were really messy, and had this obsession with each other’s weiners. I don’t understand it. I’m lucky I got out when I did…. not that it was really worth it considering that we blew up the fortune telling device….and then my parents kept me in the basement….and tried to get me to eat people….Huh I forgot how terrible it all actually was.”