Happy St. Patrick’s day, everyone! As stated on Instagram ..I’m here to post three yummy greenlicious recipes in honor of the Irish holiday. I hope you get to try these recipes out in your future meals – and if you do please make sure you let me know how they turn out :)
1.5 cups packed cilantro leaves
1/3 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves
½ tsp cumin powder
fresh lime juice
salt + pepper to taste
1. Process the cilantro leaves, EVOO, garlic, and cumin in a food processor.
2. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add fresh lime juice when serving & enjoy!
Tomatillo Salsa with Kumquats
3 fresh tomatillos – husked and chopped roughly
2-3 jalapeños (adjust to spice level)
½ red onion chopped roughly
6 kumquats – finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp dried oregano
½ cup chopped cilantro
½ cup water
salt to taste
1. Place tomatillos, jalapeños, red onion, and garlic in a hot sauce pan.
2. Add cumin, oregano, water and simmer for about 5-6 minutes.
3. Add the kumquats and continue to simmer for another 4-5 minutes.
4. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth.
5. Season with salt.
Za’atar is an Israeli/Middle Eastern spice blend. It’s usually served over fresh warm pitas, and also used to season poultry, meats, and seafood. It’s one of my go-to blends due to it’s versatility and taste – plus, I love that one of the ingredients, Sumac is a superfood with amazing antioxidant properties.
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp ground sumac
¼ tsp salt
green on the menu
1.Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
2. Store in an airtight container.
3. Mix with olive oil before use.
Happy St. Patrick’s day, everyone! As stated on Instagram ..I’m here to post three yummy greenlicious recipes in honor of the Irish holiday.