20. Damen x Laurent. With a Nikandros or Charls cameo?
Dear Anon, why not both?
(I’ll just assume that you’ve requested the one I’ve rebloged most recently yup. That would be the four word prompts)
20. “Alright, I love you.”
~Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time~
moment Makedon said he wanted to celebrate Laurent’s ascension Damen knew it
wouldn’t end well.
The celebration was rather private, on Laurent’s demand, though
Makedon tried to argue.
And so they found themselves in a fort near what used to be the
It was a small gathering which consisted of Laurent, Damen,
Makedon, Jord, Nikandros, Lazar, Pallas, a few of Makedon’s men and Charls, the
Veretian cloth merchant and a few of his friends. He had found himself there by
accident and was joined them on Laurent’s invitation.
Makedon and Charls ended up getting along very well.
Surprisingly enough, so did Nikandros and Jord. Damen was glad to see Nikandros
relax a little, take a few shots even.
But Damen himself was reluctant to let his guard down. He stuck
with Laurent, ready to interfere if needed. Makedon truly was a bad influence,
no matter how much respect Damen had for him.
“Look at them,” said Makedon at some point. He motioned to the other
side of the room, where Lazar and Pallas sat.
Laurent seemed to observe the situation carefully, seemingly
very interested in what was happening.
Pallas had his arms crossed, his head turned away. Lazar was
leaning forward and whispering something in his ear. Although Pallas’s cheeks
were red, he slapped Lazar’s hand away when he tried to rest it on Pallas’s
“He’s resisting,” Laurent pointed out.
“Maybe he’s trying to prove something. Maybe he wants to appear
strong before Veretian charm,” Makedon speculated.
Despite not knowing the people involved, Charls was very
interested in the discussion. “No Akielon is immune to Veretian charm, eh,
Damen smiled. He wouldn’t argue, instead he wrapped his arm
around Laurent’s waist and said, “I absolutely agree. Pallas doesn’t stand
Laurent leaned against Damen, already struggling to keep himself
upright, though he wouldn’t let it show. “He won’t last,” he said, nodding
Charls blinked in confusion. “Which one is Pallas?”
“The Akielon,” Makedon answered.
They all shamelessly watched as Lazar’s hand found its way up
Pallas’s thigh again.
“Watch - he’s gonna hit him,” Charls said.
When it happened, Charls and Makedon burst out laughing. Laurent
was giggling quietly and Damen didn’t know what to think.
“This is getting sad,” said Laurent, “If I took a shot
every time Lazar made a desperate attempt to get in Pallas’s pants, I would
be…” He couldn’t even finish the sentence. The problem was that Laurent already
And, much to Damen’s horror, Makedon raised his cup. “And
we shall! That is two shots so far,” he said and held up three fingers.
The three of them started taking shots without hesitation.
Damen took Laurent’s wrist. “Uh, maybe this isn’t such a
gave him a look, his gaze unfocused.”Damen, live a little! Don’t be
so…” He started cackling before he even finished the sentence, “Frigid.”
Damen stared at Laurent. Then they both laughed. The irony of
the statement was far too hilarious.
And so they drank, all four of them. Each time poor Lazar made a
move, Laurent, being the most observant one, slapped Charls’s, Damen’s or
Makedon’s arm to get their attention. Then they all took shots. It went for a
while. Pallas was holding up well.
Charls was the first one to pass out. He may have had a high
tolerance, but he wasn’t used to Akielon liquor. Laurent wasn’t either, but he
had made an effort to get used to it. His incredible will power was not to be
Damen stayed to his senses as much as he could. He was the one
to break it off.
“I think we should excuse ourselves,” he said to Laurent.
“We are still celebrating!” Said Makedon, almost insulted. “Besides,
Lazar hasn’t caught his pray yet!”
“I’m sure you’ll understand,” Damen said, “This one is very
Makedon frowned. “You underestimate your lover.”
Laurent hiccupped. He had dropped all his weight on Damen,
resting against him helplessly. “I’m afraid he is correct.”
“You cannot leave now…” Makedon complained.
“Let’s have a bet and call it a night?” Laurent suggested.
Makedon was interested and no longer insulted. “Go on…”
“I bet,” said Laurent, leaning forward. It didn’t turn out to be
a smart move and he ended up grabbing Damen’s arm for balance. “I bet that
Pallas will be caught by sunrise.”
“You don’t know Pallas. He won’t let himself be taken,” Makedon
Laurent smirked. “If he doesn’t, I’ll wear a dress for
you,” he said, offering his hand.
Makedon took it. “And I will for you, if he does.”
They shook on it.
Laurent wouldn’t have allowed it otherwise, but as he was unable
to walk, he made an exception and let Damen pick him up.
Damen felt rather good about it. He carried Laurent to their
room, his head rested against Damen’s shoulder the entire time.
Once there, Damen placed the sleepy king on their bed. As well
as Laurent, Damen needed sleep. He lay beside him and their eyes met.
“Are you going to resist my advances again?” Laurent questioned.
His gaze was still unfocused, but it still left an impression Damen.
“I think I will,” he said, swallowing thickly.
Laurent was wearing the chiton. Lying down, it somehow managed
to go up to his waist.
If Laurent had been sober, he definitely would have been aware
of it and he would have tried to use it to mess with Damen.
Drunk, it was hard to tell.
Damen realized, much to his delight, that Laurent let himself
relax. The last time he had been drunk, he was careful and on edge despite the
But this time he was rather relaxed, maybe he even let his guard
down a little.
Laurent rolled over, finding his way on top of Damen. “But, this
is fun. I promise I won’t kill you tomorrow.”
Damen allowed a brief kiss to happen. “It isn’t a good
Laurent pouted. That way, he resembled a puppy. “Your self
control is astonishing.”
“Not as astonishing as yours.”
Laurent rested his chin on Damen’s chest. Then Laurent got off
of him and instead cuddle close to him.
“You’re going to make up for this,” Laurent said, eyes closed.
“Alright. I love you,” Damen whispered.
Laurent may have replied, but Damen only heard a sleepy mumble.
You may have noticed that this story has a name, which is unusual for me
Here’s the truth: I’ve been planning to post this separate from this reply, but I decided to do it this way because the four word prompts are pretty vague and I can write pretty much anything as long as it includes the sentence (which it does)
This story will have a second part, only about Lazar and Pallas and what was happening while they were being used as the subject of a drinking game
That is why I must apologize to Anon twice:
1) because this story isn’t exactly Laurent x Damen oriented
2) If you actually requested for something else I’ve rebloged
I hope you like my humble offering anyway uwu
@laurent-ofvere because we’ve discussed the Drinking Game AU (or Wingmen! Laurent and Makedon AU)
@i-am-charls because I took your idea about Laurent not wanting to be picked up in public uwu
For the none of you who wanted to see me liveblog another movie, here I am again! This time I’m sitting down and watching the first X-Men movie. I’ve seen the whole movie in bits and pieces before, but never in one sitting, so this should be fun. Plus I actually know about the X-Men comics now, yay!
- Good opening; actually a very well done brief intro to the character of Erik
- Poor Rogue. Her power sucks.
- This movie is better than I remember? They do a great job introducing everything and showing both how mutants and the public feel. Especially considering how early of a superhero movie this is.
- THE SCENE BETWEEN ERIK AND CHARLES IS UNDILUTED AWESOME. YOUNG(ER) SIRS PATRICK AND IAN YOUR ACTING MAKES ME WEEP RAINBOWS
- And here comes the beefcake. Young(er) Hugh Jackman, I forgot just how lip-bitingly sexy you were
- I also forgot how stupid that comic book hairstyle looks in real life
- Rogue is surprisingly relatable for an audience surrogate character despite being a bit bland
- As if I ever thought Wolvie was just going to abandon her. He’s got too much of the Gruff Dad Hero genes to ever do such a thing.
- Awwww Rogue and Wolverine are bonding
- Heck yeah, Storm in her natural state: awesomeness. And Scott, your outfit makes you look like a fucking DORK. Which I guess is an appropriate look for you.
- “The fuck are these dumbass dorky suits?” thinks Wolvie. Same, Wolvie. Same.
- Kitty! Jubilee! Pyro! Bobby!
All the cameos!
- Charles stop being creepy and invading others’ minds without permission. Oh wait, you can’t. Otherwise you wouldn’t be Professor X.
- “Send Mutants to the moon!” Says a protest sign. “Lol,” says I, knowledgeable of a earlier X-Men plotline where mutants did try to live on moon (or at least a rock in space, idk exactly)
- Damn but that 2000-era Mystique CGI ain’t half bad
- Well then. This is an all around unpleasant situation. Good thing the girl Wolverine stabbed happens to have power sucking powers.
- I love all the beautiful yet unnecessary special effects of Magneto using powers for every single little thing in every scene he inhabits
- Cyclops, I cannot get over how dumb you look, and I love it
- Damn, Rogue. Your powers really suck.
- Scott, I’m sorry, your powers also suck. Ororo, however, your powers are THE BOMB.
- Wolvie, dude, you fucked. Magneto gonna kill your ass.
- Logan’s wearing jeans with a jean jacket, aka a Canadian tuxedo. Truly, he is a paragon of Canadianess.
- Sploosh goes the bigot
- “Yellow spandex” yes please make all the references
- I will never grow weary of Wolverine snark especially when it is in response to Cyclops I don’t care how dumb it is
- YOU HAVE ANGERED THE GODDESS OF STORMS
- …who then had to ruin her own awesome victory with one of the worst lines ever uttered
- “It’s me.” “Prove it.” “You’re a dick.” is probably the best exchange in this entire film
- Wolverine is the bad ass-ist
- Awwww Logan you’re such a softy, offering up your healing power so Rogue can live
- Oh good no one is dead how cliche
So overall I actually thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Whatever anyone may say, it did well considering it was the first modern superhero movie. They managed to cram a lot of movie into a relatively short time. And most of the casting was superb. I can’t think of anything else funny to say, I enjoyed it too much. So I’ll sign off, and see you next time I decide to have a glass of wine while watching a movie.
By now, you’ve probably seen the cast of the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot in 100 different behind-the-scenes images, but what you’re looking at now is the first “official” image of them.
From left to right, meet Abby Yates (Melissa McCarthy), Jillian Holtzmann (Kate McKinnon), Erin Gilbert (Kristen Wiig) and Patty Tolan (Leslie Jones).
The cast also includes Chris Hemsworth, Neil Casey, Andy Garcia, Cecily Strong, Michael K. Williams, Matt Walsh and Charles Dance, plus cameos from original stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts and Sigourney Weaver.
Directed by Paul Feig (The Heat, Bridesmaids) from a script he co-wrote with Katie Dippold (The Heat, Parks and Recreation), the film is scheduled for release on July 15, 2016 via Columbia Pictures.