This is for the beautiful @stylesforinfinity who is an absolute babe and who yesterday was super sweet about my writing, so this is the only form of thank you that seems adequate.
This isn’t how Andrew expected the day to go…
The day starts normal enough. Or as normal as it can with house guests. He and Neil picked up Nicky and Erik from the airport yesterday, and with the jetlag, both are up especially early. It’s them puttering about in the kitchen–the gurgling of the coffee maker, the clinking of mugs, and their whispered voices–that wakes Andrew. Andrew opens his eyes to Neil still fast asleep beside him. The striker’s cheek is creased from where it’s pressed into the pillow, and his bangs have curled over his eyes. Andrew’s fingers twitch to fix it.
It’s only a few moments before Neil’s eyes flutter open, the blue of them softened by the early morning sun bleeding in through the curtains.
“Morning,” Neil mumbles, a lazy smile tugging at his lips.
The first round of dates for Taylor Swift’s reputation Stadium Tour have been announced. She starts in Phoenix on 5/8, visits the Rose Bowl on 5/19, plays the New Jersey home of the Jets and Giants on 7/21 and hits Nashville on 8/25.
Messina Touring Group is presenting the Swift tour with AEG Presents in North America, and Live Nation overseas. Swift is expected to soon announce dates in the U.K., Australia and New Zealand.
Tickets for the North American leg go on sale to the general-public on 12/13. Registration is open and continues until 11/28.
Unlike many of her superstar peers, Swift is not bundling albums with tickets.
The tour dates:
5/8 – University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Ariz. 5/12 – Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif. 5/19 – Rose Bowl, Pasadena 5/22 – CenturyLink Field, Seattle 5/25 – Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver 6/2 – Soldier Field, Chicago 6/30 – Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, Ky. 7/7 – Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio 7/10 – FedEx Field, Washington, D.C. 7/14 – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia 7/17 – First Energy Stadium, Cleveland 7/21 – MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J. 7/28 – Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass. 8/4 – Rogers Centre, Toronto 8/7 – Heinz Field, Pittsburgh 8/11 – Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta 8/14 – Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Fla. 8/18 – Hard Rock Stadium, Miami 8/25 – Nissan Stadium, Nashville 8/28 – Ford Field, Detroit 9/1 – U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis 9/8 – Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City 9/15 – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis 9/18 – The Dome at America’s Center, St. Louis 9/22 – Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans 9/29 – NRG Stadium, Houston 10/6 – AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
Taylor, I was all prepared to get the best possible seats at the KFC Yum! Center and now you have thrown me a curve ball with the stadium tour. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CARDINAL STADIUM, WHERE WILL THE BEST SEATS BE??! WHAT DO I DO?! HALP!
Okay but honestly I’m so incredibly shocked that Taylor is playing Cardinal stadium and how much love she has for Louisville.
1. She’s been to Louisville every tour and I mean I know that’s not THAT big of a deal but it makes me happy, like she knows we love and support her.
2. “Feeling so Gatsby for that whole year” two characters in the Great Gatsby, Daisy and Jordan, are from Louisville and Tom might be too but I can’t remember exactly. Also Jay Gatsby was at Camp TAYLOR when he was in the military, which was in Louisville.
3. …Ready For It? was played during a highlight reel (I guess?? I mean it was played with moments after the game) at a University of Louisville football game, and I know Taylor really has nothing to do with that but still.
4. The honors program at U of L had a Harry Potter themed dance the night reputation came out, and I know this is a coincidence but Harry Potter movies = Slytherin = snakes = our Queen of Snakes, Taylor Alison Swift.
5. She says my name in three songs “my faith in you was fading” in Love Story, “fight these doubts and give you faith” in Ours and “good girl faith in a tight little skirt” in Style and like I know this is also a coincidence but I feel so LOVED because she hasn’t even said Joe in a song (except for the monologue song) and he’s her baby and idk I’m just kinda proud of myself.
BUT ANYWAYS I’m going to eat my lunch now that I have this out of my system, thanks for loving me and my city @taylorswift