OH MAN ARE REQUESTS ACTUALLY OPENING? If so, do you think you could do headcannons for Alex with an insomniac reader? Also, if it isn't too much to ask for something else, headcannons for Burr with a very (I don't want to say touchstarved but I totally mean touchstarved) reader?
boss’ memo : sure !! i’ll do the other one later :0
- the number one rule goes as follows : only alex is allowed to stay up late
- as a result, he is filled with concern once you start falling prey to your insomnia as well
- you might just actually force him to start sleeping earlier than four n the morning because he just,, really worries about you and there’s actually a chance of him falling asleep while trying to get you to fall asleep
- he jokes that this was clearly your master plan and oh no, it’s working
- his first order of business is finding a cause–why’s this happening? is it too many thoughts? is it stress? is it nightmares? is it simply because you’re frustrated that you can’t sleep, thus creating an eternal and horrible cycle?
- if you don’t know why and can’t really explain it to him, that’s fine !!
- he honestly tries everything,, tries making you tea, tries to ensure you don’t nap too much during the day–oh, and about the tea!
- the concept of not being extra for once in his life simply does not exist for this boy, and alex will honestly go out and buy as many varieties as he can with the hopes that one will be of help (black, green, white, herbal, oolong–no tea is safe)
- if it’s due to you staying up late to do work, or due to too many ideas, he’ll have you write the ideas down and will do his best to ensure you do your work earlier
- if you can’t finish your stuff by 11, he’s gonna make sure that the two of you wake up earlier than usual tomorrow so you can finish
- there’s a point where he kind of gives up and goes
- “please sleep”
“what do you think i’m trying to do, alex”
“um so you’re aware that’s not going to work, right”
“yeah kinda, doesn’t mean i can’t try”
- likely what ends up working is when he starts just laying next to you and holding you to his chest (or vice versa, depending on your preference)
- the rise and fall of his chest is pretty relaxing, if you’re to be honest, plus, the goodnight kisses are always nice after a difficult day. alex talks a lot about how much he loves you, but having him show it is always lovely.
- –though, it really is unfortunate that he snores
- (don’t worry, he’ll get you some ear plugs if you need ‘em)