#Jaime’s original run is so damn good #near perfect #remember when they had an entire issue in Spanish and it ended with Jaime flying into the sunset with his abuelita
I feel like we should do a fandom list to remind people of why this book was so good:
- his immediate family and best friends knew his secret identity and were cool with it
- his parents weren’t just cool with him being a superhero, they actively supported his superheroics, so long as they didn’t interfere with his schooling
- the Spanish issue
- “You learned how to say ‘spawn camper’ in Swedish.”
- Bianca Reyes: coolest hero mom on the planet
- Berto is physically disabled, but that doesn’t stop him from grabbing a weapon and joining the fight during the Reach invasion
- the JLI happen so much
- “Is. That. A. Giant. Green. Fist.”
- Milagro and Jaime have believable sibling interactions
- Traci 13 happens so much
- “I love you, sweetie. Are you okay?” “Secret identity, mom.”
- What Would Ted Kord Do?
- the issue where Brenda ended up on Salvation before it was Salvation
Join in and sing along.