AU where Bann Teagan raises Alistair instead of Arl Eamon.
- Alistair gets a nice warm bed in his own room to sleep in, decorated the way he wants, instead of sleeping in the kennels with the dogs.
- Alistair is doted on and lavished with attention by Teagan. Who regularly takes time out of his busy schedule to play with him. They play with Alistair’s Grey Warden dolls a lot together.
- When he has nightmares, or gets scared of the thunder outside, or is sick, Teagan comforts him and reads him stories, and dotes on him and tries his hardest to make sure Alistair is happy.
- Alistair is still not told about his elven heritage, because Maric promised Fiona not to tell him, but despite this, Teagan ensures, as much as possible, elves like Shartan, Garahel, the members of the Night Elves, and other elven historical figures, receive attention during history classes
- Alistair frequently gets to have playdates with his half brother and the two are able to bond.
- Maric visits his son frequently, because Teagan insists it’s good for him to.
- Teagan takes time every month to write Fiona and inform her about her son’s life.
- Fiona and Duncan are frequent guests at his home in Rainesfere, both as ‘Grey Wardens looking for new recruits’ and 'friends of the king.’ They’re able to spend time with Alistair and do stuff with him if they wish. Fiona, despite still feeling odd about it, and worried her son might realise she’s his mother, often does so. And usually comes to the castle with gifts she thought Alistair might like.
- Alistair is never sent to a monastery ever. Instead, he undertakes martial training under Teagan and gets to specialize as a Champion, rather than as a templar.