MY QUICK GO-TO “DAYTIME SMOKY EYE” PICTORIAL
I’m quite a fan of wearing a smoky smudgy eye in the day as long as you pair it with neutral cheeks and lips. It’s a way to look casually sultry. AND it brings out any eye color.
There ARE ways to keep the look softer (AND not spending too much time on it).
- Stick with cream-to-powder shadows. They are fast to blend, don’t fade, and have no fall-out to clean up off your cheeks. I used Dior in the pictorial, but also mixed in Colourpop. In the final full-face shot, I had on Maybelline Bad To The Bronze. Use whatever you like as long as it’s the type that dries and sets.
- If you have sensitive/watery/smeary eyes in general, use something like Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Pencil in your inner rims and leave the soft smudgy stuff to above the lashes.
- Don’t wing your liner or shadow upwards in a typical catty smoky shape. The point to this look is keeping a doe-eyed, rounded expression, so it’s softer and more approachable. Not too vavavoom for the day.
- Recreate the look using any cream shadow shade and smudgy black liner. Remember the black is just there to create that smoky shadow near your lashes. It’s not meant to be a visible line.
- Use your matte bronzer in your socket line as a transition color if you’re lazy. It’s only there to soften out any harsh lines and to contour your socket
- For blending cream color onto the lid, look for synthetic shadow brushes that are medium softness; not too stiff and flat, not too soft and floppy.