- Films looking to compete in two major categories at the BAFTA awards must now demonstrate a commitment to diversity in order to be nominated
- Starting in 2019, films will have to demonstrate they have worked to improve representation of marginalized groups in front of and behind the camera — or even in the film’s audience.
- The groups specified by the academy include people of color, people living with disabilities, women and LGBTQ people.
- Here are the ways they can demonstrate this diversity of talent, per the academy:
- On-screen representation, themes and narratives
- Project leadership and creative practitioners
- Industry access and opportunities
- Opportunities for diversity in audience development
- Read more