Following are some acts that we can perform in the last days of Ramadan in shaa Allah.
1.Recite the Qur’an abundantly
Laylatul Qadr is the night the Qur’an was revealed so we should spend much of the night reciting it.
2. Strive to gain forgiveness:
One should strive and do their utmost to gain the mercy of Allah especially in the odd numbered nights of the last ten days.
The main Dua for Laylatul Qadr is the following:
Aisha (Ra) said: “I asked the Messenger of Allah: ‘O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?’ He said: ‘Say: O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.’ “
“Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’fu ‘annee” (Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).
Gaining forgiveness on laylatul Qadr
Abu Huraira narrated that the Messenger said: “Whoever stands (in prayer) in Laylatul Qadr while nourishing his faith with self-evaluation, expecting reward from Allah, will have all of his previous sins forgiven.” (Bukhari and Muslim).
We should sincerely repent for past and present sins with the intention of not repeating them again and ask of Allah Ta’aala to help us prevent ourselves from doing them again and ask Allah to perfect our characters and to help us improve ourselves in everyway possible.
3. Do pray Nafil
4. Increase the Dhikr of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta’ala)
We should glorify Allah night and day, especially in the last nights.
Here are some easy and very beneficial Dhikr and glorification we can do throughout the last ten odd nights:
1. Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’fu ‘annee
4. Allahu Akbar
5. Laa ilaha ilallah
6. LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH
8. SUB-HAN’ALLAH HIL AZEEM WA BI-HAM’DIHI,
9. Subhāna-llāhi, wa-l-hamdu li-llāhi, wa lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa-llāhu akbar. Wa lā hawla wa lā quwwata illā bi-llāhi-l-aliyyi-l-azīm
10. Lā ilāha illā-llāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu lahu-l-mulku wa lahu-l-ḥamdu yuhyi wa yumītu wa huwa ḥayyu-llā yamūtu abadan abada, ḏū-l-jalāli wa-l-ikrām, biyadihi-l-khayr, wa huwa alā kulli Shay-in qadīr
Or the shortened version:
11. Laa ilaaha illal-laahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa huwa ‘alaa kulli shay-in qadeer
One can also recite the durood that one recites in one’s Salaah or a Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim
5. Make Dua:
We should be very busy in making dua as much possible and especially in the lastdays of Ramadan.
“The most execellent worship is Dua” (Sahih Al=Jami no. 1133)
Therefore let us devote much of the night of Qadr in dua asking of Allah for his mercy and forgiveness for all of our past sins and making firm intentions to Allah that we will change for the better and strive to become closer to him as well as make our deen a FULL part of our lives and not just a little part of our life.
6. Do good with people for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala.
7. Offer iftar to fasting person and you will get the same reward
Zaid bin Khalid Al-Juhani (RadhiAllaho anho) reported:
The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said,“He who provides a fasting person something with which to break his fast, will earn the same reward as the one who was observing the fast, without diminishing in any way the reward of the latter.” [At-Tirmidhi].
8. Give charity if possible
9. Share this message so others can also benefit from this and you will be rewarded in shaa Allah
May Allah helps us to do deeds that will please Him Ameen