A watercolour illustration for a book called 「名建築の空想イラスト図鑑」(Famous Architecture Daydream Illustrations) featuring 20 illustrators painting famous, but no longer existing architecture marvels.
I painted a wooden fire station that was located in Aomori prefecture, build in 1920 inspired by Russian architecture, and demolished in 1982. Using old photos and plans as references I tried to depict the building and a fresh, late spring day using bright, saturated colours while staying true to the original building’s shape, details and colours.
1. Leave mounds of salt in small plates beside the entrances to buildings to repel ghosts
2. Febreeze (the air freshener) cleanses homes of unwanted spirits
3. Otoshidama (the money gifted to children during New Year) should use freshly-printed money or else you are cursing that child to have a short life
4. Giving an even amount of money at a wedding is bad luck and will result in the couple divorcing
5. Stepping on the cloth borders of tatami mats brings bad luck
6. Doors should not be left open or have a gap as it invites ghosts
7. If there is a knock on your door (especially in Aomori Prefecture), it could be the Amazake-baba. Stories say she is an old witch who lives in the mountains, but will venture to nearby homes in quest for sake. Her appearance is frightening with blood-smeared skin and unkept hair, but the real horror lies in what she will do to you and your family if you don’t give her what she wants. However, she will leave you in peace if you give her sake.
My friend who has come from Aomori Prefecture gave me a bottle of barbecued sauce. It is consisting of soy sauce, sugar, garlic, Sake, pepper and apple that is a local speciality of Aomori. I stir-fried pork and lotus roots with this sauce and put them on rice for my daughter’s bento.
THE RAMPAGE is a group under LDH and signed to Rhythm Zone. The group
consists of 16 members. 13 Performers and 3 Vocal/Performers. Their
ages range from 27-19. The members to make it into the group had to
compete in VBA, PBA, or Global Japan Challenge. The group members were
decided in Sept 2014 and they begun their projects as support performers
for other LDH artists and performing on tour. Most notably they were
EXILE THE SECOND’s support during their tour and multiple music videos. The
group would then debut Jan 25 2017 with the song “Lightning”. Since
their debut they have released many singles and are slated for an early