Free Americana Sampler EP available on NoiseTrade
With the help of my friends & sponsors, I put on ‘Beer, Bourbon, Biscuits, & Banjos’: an Americana Showcase on Thurs, Oct. 13 @ 10:00 pm at East Side Performing Arts Co-Op in East Nashville (press release here: http://www.prlog.org/11680346-beer-bourbon-biscuits-and-banjos-an-americana-showcase-oct-13-in-nashville-tn.html). We’ve created this FREE sampler of the 5 incredibly gifted artists who performed at the showcase. Featuring:
- Allen Thompson Band: http://www.allenthompsonmusic.com - Allen's songwriting and performing abilities have been applauded by Relix Magazine, American Songwriter, Jambands.com, and CMT. Audiences from South Carolina to California and many points in between are falling in love with his mournful vocals and honest turns of phrase, but we’re proud to call him a Nashvillian. Music City Interactive exclaims, “Allen makes music that is the very heart of Country and Americana music. The kind of song that’s honest, not sugar coated, and has the ability to stand the test of time.”
- Ian Thomas: http://www.ianthomasmusic.com - Ian and his backing band Poor Children are based out of Knoxville, TN. After traveling for years as a street performer, Ian Thomas began playing clubs in New York City, where he recorded his debut album “A Young Man’s Blues” and his follow-up “Live at Rockwood Music Hall.” Since then, he has shared the stage with Taj Mahal, John Hammond, Cyril Neville, Corey Harris, Sam Bush, The Wood Brothers, The Avett Brothers, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Reverend Goat and Dr. John and has performed at festivals, including Bonnaroo, Pickathon and Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion. Performing both solo and with a band, Thomas draws on a variety of American roots influences, delivering a captivating raw live performance and distinctive sound from his original compositions on guitar, harmonica and kazoo. His latest release due out later this fall is the full length, "Live at the Preservation Pub,” recorded in Knoxville.
- Holley Maher: http://www.holleymaher.com - an indie folk-pop singer/songwriter based in Nashville, TN with a light-hearted spirit and unique sound. Her debut EP, “Odd Place To Be,” released in January of 2011, is the perfect introduction to Holley as an artist. Recorded in Nashville with producer Thomas Doeve, who has also worked on projects with local icons like Trent Dabbs, Andrew Belle and Amy Stroup, the EP contains five whimsical tunes with a captivating and distinct sound. Holley’s style is modern and mature, yet displays a playful spirit that is all her own, with noticeable influences from folk and jazz music.
- One Man Showdown: http://www.onemanshowdown.com - consists of Mississippi son Jonathan Spencer’s latest solo project. Currently living up the river in St. Louis and working in IT by day, Jonathan is a true virtuoso and showman by night! Incredibly gifted in both his guitar work and songwriting craftsmanship, his music is rooted deep in the heart of the southland. He also plays bass in the St. Louis bands Sarah Speaks Easy and The Gathering Night Band.
- Lisa Witty: http://www.lisawitty.com - a Michigan native and former Vail, Colorado ski instructor, who is now a Nashville based singer/songwriter. She has opened for Hollywood Records artist Sheila Nichols, performed at Colorado Rockies baseballs games, and had songs placed on network TV shows. She has been recording a new EP, alongside Sea The Desert Entertainment, which consists of producer/songwriter Steffon Hamulak, and engineer Eric Torres.
We hope you’ll enjoy this preview of their vast talent and share them with your friends.
You can download this EP for FREE right here via NoiseTrade, but only for 5 more days!: