want to talk more about ritsu? like what's your take on him? like how do you think he views his brother and Reigen ?
but i’ve got some headcanons i can put here
- if the kageyama brothers play instruments (and you can’t get through middle school without doing so, right? at least a little) (not counting recorders), mob plays piano and ritsu plays violin.
- mob plays piano because it suits him. a piano is easy to operate (press a button and it makes a sound; press the button harder and it’s louder) but has great potential for complexity. the way it makes sound is pretty simple (whack a string), but the internal structure is intricate, almost convoluted. the sounds of a piano are generally smooth and neutral-to-pleasant, but they can get very intense.
- ritsu plays violin because it suits him. playing a violin isn’t easy for a beginner, and it doesn’t get any easier. ritsu is an overachiever and thus, i believe, would be Real Good at violin. the sounds of a violin can sound much more dramatic than a piano, with a piercing quality and a potential to convey really gut-wrenching emotion… but it can’t have the same booming resonance as a piano.
- ritsu is a good learner but not a very good teacher; he gets a knack for things and then can’t quite put it into words
- ritsu doesn’t know how to make a cootie catcher and would look upon one with nervous incredulity
- ritsu colors inside the lines
- ritsu plays super smash brothers as link. when he plays against his brother, he gives mob the advantage by playing as a character he doesn’t usually use, but he doesn’t mention it
- ritsu is well-liked and popular but does not have any close friends at his school (except maybe kamuro and maaaybe tokugawa, but they’re not, like, confidant-level close).
- ritsu doesn’t carry a comb or hairbrush, not even in his school bag. if his hair gets disheveled, he give his head one good shake and it goes back to normal
- ritsu sometimes feels a little guilty about being taller than his big brother
- ritsu still sorta wishes mob would kick his ass for pulling that “good old brothers act is over” stunt, but he knows it’s not gonna happen. but it would make him feel a little better