- In the first quarter of 2017, the American economy grew at the slowest rate in three years, rising at just 0.7%, thanks to weak consumer spending, Bloomberg reported Friday.
- The news comes on the 99th day of Donald Trump’s presidency, which he promised would bring an economic boom and increased job production. However the economy grew at a slower pace than economists projected. Read more (4/28/17)
Trump has had the lowest approval ratings during his first 100 days of any president in the last 72 years
- Since his inauguration, Trump has yet to break 50% in FiveThirtyEight’s summation of presidential approval rating polls.
- He has hovered between a 40% and 45% approval rating since the beginning of February. Gallup, a longtime presidential pollster, pegged the president’s approval rating as low as 35% at the end of March.
- Gallup has compiled all of its approval rating data going back to President Harry S. Truman. That data shows Trump has had the lowest approval ratings during his first 100 days of any president in the last 72 years. Read more (4/28/17)
- One of Trump’s first executive orders kept a campaign promise of preventing former members of his administration from lobbying. Trump’s ban instated a lifetime ban on foreign lobbying and a five-year ban for all other lobbying.
- The ban only applies to members of his administration and was full of loopholes. Less than 100 days into his presidency, Trump has already granted a waiver to the lobbying ban. Read more (4/28/17)