Gabriel Bell Born: April 24, 1987 Died: September 3, 2024
Known as the father of Earth’s post-modern reformism, Bell galvanized the people and government of the United States of America when he led an uprising in San Francisco’s Sanctuary District “A.” Besides arranging for food and medical supplies for the hostages, Bell was able to establish a wide broadcast data link through the planetary communication system, “Interface.” Through this broadcast, he was able bring an unavoidable awareness of the ineffective and cruel nature of the time’s Sanctuary Districts to a wide audience. This helped create public outcry for massive reform to the mental health and criminal justice systems as well as widespread economic change. The American political climate eventually shifted towards justice and equality, and away from the climate of inequality and ignorance. Although Bell was killed during the uprising, he is known as a figurehead for the movement and change it spawned, and the uprising has since been known as the Bell Riots.
so??? star trek might end up giving me whiplash??? and i’ll thank them for it tbh
a ds9 episode: a poignant and meaningful story about sisko who has visions of 20th century earth where he is a sci-fi writer in a very racist time period in america who struggles to get his amazing work printed simply because he is black. he is a victim of police violence and eventually breaks down after having his hopes smashed once again, but not before it is shown that even the white people who consider themselves his friends threaten to call the police when he justifiably gets angry. the episode ends with the question whether this writer was the dream or perhaps the sisko on the space station is, making the audience question their worldview and understanding of reality
the next ds9 episode: o'brien, dax and bashir shrink to the size of a pea and accidentally stay that way. meanwhile, worf writes his first poem
1. My Favorite Murder - Two hilarious women talk about murder, among (a lot of) other things. (Non-Fiction, weekly ongoing)
2. The Strange Case Of The Starship Isis - What if Firefly, but everyone was queer? (Fiction, ongoing?)
3. Can I Pet Your Dog - A Dog Haver and A Dog Wanter talk about dogs, often to really cool people. (Non-Fiction, Weekly ongoing)
4. The Bright Sessions - Therapy for people with superpowers; what could go wrong? (Fiction, currently in the second season)
5. The Dollop - A dude who did research tells a dude who didn’t about history. (Non-Fiction, weekly)
6. Limetown - The best/creepiest/most amazing podcast about an entire town that disappeared. (Fiction, only 1 season, likely dead, but so well done it is worth a listen)
7. My Brother, My Brother, And Me - Good, good, goof boys give bad, bad, hilarious advice (Non-Fiction, weekly ongoing)(be warned the early stuff can be problematic, but honestly who wasn’t shittier 7 years ago?)
8. Welcome To Night Vale/Alice Isn’t Dead - Beautiful Gay Protagonist talks about the creepy shit that happens to them. (Fiction, WTNV weekly ongoing, AID in its second season)
9. How Did This Get Made - The best Bad Movie Podcast with amazing guests and Jason Mantzoukas who I’m not sure if I love or hate. (Non-Fiction, bi-weekly with minis in between) (It’s love)
10. The Adventure Zone - The most talented DM I have ever heard wrangles three family members while creating some of my fave gay characters. (Fiction-ish, bi-weekly)
It’s Pi Day tomorrow! A very special Pi Day, because on March 14, 2015, at 53 seconds past 9:26 AM the date and time will spell out the first 9 decimal digits of the constant π. I’ll be celebrating by eating pie.
This GIF is a visual representation of C = 2r*π (the relationship between the circumference and the diameter).
*Thesesmartfolks have pretty much convinced me that Tau (τ=2π=6.2831…) is actually a better constant.And on Tau Day (June 28th), I get to eat TWO pies. But we have to wait until 2031 to get those extra decimal digits for τ.
Very nice BNR32 GTR that wasn’t at Racewars to compete. If the RH9R plates are accurate it would have been quick. For those unaware the RH9 club is for street driven cars in Japan that run 9 seconds over the ¼. There was another R32 GTR competing at Racewars with RH9 plates. That was the quickest car at the event and only lost out to be fastest by a poofteenth. Will be posting pics of those cars later.