Sorry if the quality is bad but I’m doing this all from my phone.
1. Is a decently finished square.
2. Is a square without a border, which I decided would be too hard to join later.
3. Is the second side, going down the edge for the first time, I used a contrasting color is hopes it would be easier to see stitches. In hindsight black may have been a poor choice. Lol
4. Is the corner that always gives me trouble, from the second side to the third side (the very first chain row).
5. Is the third side, I really have a hard time knowing where to place my stitches, in the picture I only got 7sc on the edge when I should have 8sc, again not counting corner stitches.
Very long post but I hope it illustrates my problem. :/