My thoughts on Monaco GP
I am disgusted by today’s race. Ferrari once again showed, how much they put Vettel in front. I really need to let my feelings out, and my thoughts. So here is my opinion on today’s race:
1) I don’t understand why were people or ‘fans’ worried about Sebastian’s points or about Kimi catching up on Seb? If Kimi would win this race, it wouldn’t change much because Sebastian would still be in the lead, with about 122 points while Kimi would have cca 80 points, it is still big difference.
2) This time Ferrari really screwed for me; Kimi was leading the race with an amazing pace, amazing driving and I think Sebastian wouldn’t be really able to overtake him OR he’d struggle a lot. But then suddenly they call Kimi into pits, with unsure voice so Sebastian can get in front and get more time. I agree with my friend’s theory, when he said “I think that Ferrari just really wanted to Sebastian win so of course they won’t tell Kimi “let him pass because Vettel is faster than you” they rather took him into pits where they did shitty work so Kimi would lose time. Plus, I am more than sure that if the Sauber, which was slowing Sebastian , wouldn’t pit, Kimi would catch up with Vettel and eventually overtake him. I don’t believe that this wasn’t Ferrari’s strategy. It was visible and even the commentator said himself, that Kimi just lost his motivation and mood to try and get to Vettel because he knew it is not possible anymore, and I understand him because everyone would lost their motivation after being sabotaged by their own team (–yes, I’ve just said that.)
3) I am very surprised about Mercedes, especially Lewis. He still did a great job when he, from 13th place, managed to get P6, pushing really hard but it was visible the car didn’t listen to him much, since Quali. I was expecting that Lewis will get more in front, after the Safety car.
4) About McLaren… I am little disappointed. This time It was not completely Honda’s fault; Stoffel probably panicked a little and couldn’t control the car and slammed into wall and about Jenson.. Well I’ll be honest, I think Button took the seat and didn’t really much care about the points or what position will he gain; he just wanted to race and nothing else matters to him. I also don’t think Fernando will be much disappointed; he was, I think, expecting it somehow.
5) Daniel Ricciardo is today’s hero, for me, because our of sudden he got some super strength and super speed and managed to overtake and get P3. Very happy to see him on the podium! Once more it shows us how amazing and underrated driver Daniel is.
So, I was very excited for this race, since Kimi got pole I knew it’ll be very exciting but this time I really hoped Ferrari would actually LET Kimi take the win; clearly I was wrong and now I am angry just like many other people who also realizes this.
Don’t get me wrong, at the same time I am very happy that Ferrari got double and that Sebastian took a win because it is not his fault, but as usually is Kimi cold and not really showing his emotion, this time I could see how disappointed and angry he is, he really probably just wanted to disappear, and took him quite effort to stay and answer those questions. Also felt little sad for Nico too when he said “I know that feeling”.
I’m not sure if anyone will care about my opinion, but I’d be happy if you’d guys let me know what do you think of the race.