I consistently have players looting conquered foes, random strangers, ruined villages, etc.. And the truth is I almost NEVER know what they’re going to find. Usually I just spout some nonsense at the top of my head and it often ends up being dull, leaving my players less likely to look for items while adventuring in the future. I created this table to help give me a guideline for random loot, and it lets players feel lucky when they roll high and find something unexpected.
(Click Keep Reading below the image for more specific information and a text version of the chart at the bottom)
Trump hopped on Twitter Tuesday morning to incorrectly blame Obama for the release of 122 former Guantanamo Bay detainees U.S intelligence agencies claim have now returned to terrorism.
The tweet came just after a segment on Fox News’ FOX & Friends correctly claiming that 122 prisoners released from Guantanamo Bay have re-engaged in terrorist activities.
The clip, however, failed to mention that 113 of those prisoners had been released during the tenure of former President George W. Bush. Only nine of them had been freed during the Obama years. Read more (3/7/17 10:14 AM)
Simon and I are sitting in a pew and waiting for the world’s trashiest wedding to start, but he can’t sit still. I’ve tried asking him what was
wrong, but he’s not talking. Which means I have nothing to do except look at the familiar faces of every other mage in attendance.
They invited the entire magical community, which must have cost a
fortune, and the wedding is an aesthetic mess. Its so atrocious that
I feel embarrassed to even be associated with it.
person near me went to Watford. I only vaguely recall the couple who
is getting married, but they remembered me well enough to send an
invitation. Baz’s father said that this is a society event, and I
decided to attend to eat some free cake.
I want to leave,
but I promised myself I would stay.
I can’t sit still.
Why hasn’t it started yet?
I feel the hum of
everyone’s magic around me, and its a constant reminder that I’m not
one of them. Not really. Do they know I don’t have magic anymore?
Would they take back my invite if they knew?
Baz sits next to
me, whispering critiques in my ear, but his tone suggests that he’s
The red wings on
my back feel like a neon sign. I left them exposed because I wanted
to attend as myself – a Normal, with a boyfriend, wings, and a
tail. It was easy to be brave before I came here, but I don’t feel
brave anymore. I feel like an impostor. I feel like I’m lying. I’m not magic, and I’m not part of this community.
“I could have
picked better flowers while walking here, and it’s January.”
I could ask Baz to
spell my wings invisible; he’s become pretty good at the spell.
“There’s too many balloons. If you’re older than five, you’re not allowed
No, I told myself
I would come here as myself. Invisible wings wont change anything. I can do this.
wedding will be much better than this,” Baz mutters.
Fuck. Two lovely
blue eyes now gape at me in horror.
Dating Simon for a
year has been great. Charmed. A year of bliss that I wouldn’t trade
for anything. Except that it was easier to keep my mouth shut a year
ago. I’m eight years ahead of him with my crazy thoughts.
I gather the last
shreds of my dignity and sneer. “We wouldn’t marry anytime soon,
His eyes grow
“You have a time
table?” he asks, and I drop the sneer because I have absolutely no
Baz slumps in the
pew and I strain to hear him say, “Well, you don’t have to agree to
it, of course.”
I’m surprised that
someone would think about marrying me, especially Baz, who knows how
much of me is missing. I really want to know what is in his head.
“Tell me about
our wedding,” I say, matching his posture to be on his level.
He quiet for a
long while. Sometimes Baz takes awhile to plan what he wants to say,
but other times he closes up completely. I don’t know which type of
silence he’s having now.
I wish I knew a
teleportation spell. Or time travel. Can embarrassment kill vampires? Simon is being quiet. so I can’t change the topic. I have to say something.
I say, “We’d
have cherry scones, of course.”
Simon laughs, a
watery exhale. When I look at him, I see tears in his eyes. Those
tears keep me talking.
“The ceremony would be at night and in the winter, and preferably it’s snowing. To
represent our names.”
“Not with the
suits I have in mind.” I tell him about these truly be spectacular
suits I found online, and some details that Trixie told me about the
uses of pixie magic in such events. I can’t believe he’s listening to my insane ideas. I’m now aware that I’ve said far too much and
abruptly shut my mouth.
There’s a beat of
silence. Enough of a pause to reconsider teleportation spells.
Simon breaks it by
gently asking, “You’re being real? You actually want to marry me?”
He bites his lips,
fidgety and shy, and I’d marry him now if this room wasn’t so
horrendous. “I’m fond of you, Snow.”
“But marriage. I’d be part of your family. You dad would be my father in law…”
I’m reminded that
I don’t even know Simon’s birthday, let alone who he is related to.
He was adopted by The Mage but still lived in homes. Marriage means a lot to Simon. I tell him, “I’d
do all that with you, if you wanted.”
Music starts to
play, and the bridal party queues down the aisle. Their dresses are more horrendous than I imagined.
Simon whispers, “Are
“Crowley, no. I’d get you a ring. Snow, when I propose, you’d know it was
happening. You wouldn’t have to ask.”
I’m sharing a sleeping bag with Snow right now, so I should be happy. This
was my dream, right? But Snow never thinks about anything, or
notices anything, or cares about anything, and… he’s dumb. I’ve had
a crush on him for two years now, and I should give up on it
already. It’s been so long—for two whole years I’ve been in love
with stupid Simon Snow.
Today started out easily enough. Every boy in Year Two hiked deep
into the forest for a school sponsored camping trip (to learn about
how Normals live). By the time we arrived, Snow discovered that his
sleeping bag was missing (I set it on fire). I pointed out that the
path back to school was ominously trailed with blood (a trick
performed me, the vampire). I was waiting for someone to point out
the obvious (that Simon should share a sleeping bag with me, his
roommate of two years), but Snow started furnishing a bed from
fallen leaves, refusing any magical help from Ebb, our chaperon.
The leaf pile was almost as long as Simon’s body when I walked over
to torment him.
“Sleeping on the ground tonight, Snow? Just like you do in your
foster homes?” His fist balled up, predictably, but I was surprised
to see a glimmer of hurt in his expression.
“Why is there blood along the trail, Baz? I know that was you that
did that; you’re a vampire. Are you leaving a path for yourself? Scared you
wont find your way home?”
“Watford isn’t home, Snow. You’d know that if you actually
had one.” I didn’t received the expected punch, instead what I got
was more like an attack from an animal. Snow jumped at me with the
full force of his body, his hands landing around my throat and
tackling me to the ground.
Simon was on top of me, touching me, and, sure, trying to kill
me, but I did have his full attention. His blue eyes were
vibrant against the splotchy red on his cheeks, and when a bead of
sweat dripped from his forehead to mine, I smiled. His hands
continued to squeeze my neck. I don’t know if its possible kill a
vampire like this, but I was feeling patient enough to find out.
I never did, though, because a few moments later Ebb used strike a
pose to freeze and separate us.
Simon stayed glued to Ebb’s side the rest of the day, but I don’t
think that she spelled him to. I think he just likes the goat lady. When she caught me staring at Snow, she winked.
Eventually, night fell and the air turned cool, even though we had a
huge fire roaring. After roasting marshmallows, every fell asleep
except for Simon and me. I couldn’t sleep because my vampire hearing
was catching all of the noises of the forest, and the loudest noise
of all was Simon’s chattering teeth.
He was less than a meter away from me, laying on his piles of leaves.
Ebb had offered to make a sleeping bag, but Simon stubbornly refused
and told her that sleeping bags are for posh boys who are frightened
of camping. Then he tripped me and I almost fell into the fire. That
made me so angry that I spent the rest of the day thinking of ways to
get him back, but when I heard how cold he was, I started to feel
sorry for everything we’d done to each other all day. I’d never
seen Simon cold before. Ever.
It was easy to roll over and close the space between us. When I was
next to him, I unzipped my sleeping bag and told him to get in. We
were both little enough that two could fit inside.
He said, “Did you put ants in your bag?”
“No,” I whispered.
“Are you going to, if I get in? Or do anything else weird?”
“Crowley, no. I’m being nice, Snow. Hasn’t anyone ever been nice to
you before?” I was embarrassed, and it made me angry, so I started
to move away when his hand grabbed my sleeping bag.
“Fine,” he sighed, and crawled in next to me. Our heads were on
opposite ends of the same pillow, and I used the opportunity to count
the moles on his face.
“Why are you such a jerk?”
“Because I…” Simon raised his eyebrows, silently telling me to
give him an answer. The night was making me feel brave. “If I tell
you, you have to swear not to laugh.”
“I swear it.”
“Shake on it, like a gentleman.” There’s a small amount of space
between us in this sleeping bag, and our hands found each others’
with ease. We shook twice, and then he let go.
“Just tell me, Baz.”
I blurted it out before I could think about it too hard. “I like
“As in… You like like me?”
Snow looked angry. “You’re kidding. I knew you wouldn’t tell me
anything. Piss off, Baz.”
With that, he turned his back to me and fell asleep within seconds.
I’ve laid here fuming for what might be hours. We’re sharing a
sleeping bag, so I should be happy. That’s all I wanted when we
started this camping trip. But I can’t believe that I just bore my
soul to Simon stupid Snow, and he didn’t even believe me. He’s
so oblivious, and dumb, and clueless, and I know he’s never going to
like me back. And he surely will never like like me back.
I like him. And I like like him. And I think I love him. And I
know I hate him. I wish I could just get over these hopeless stupid feelings I
have for this stupid boy.
When Simon rolls over, I first feel his breath on my neck, but then I
feel an arm wrapped around my middle, pulling my body closer to his.
It’s almost like he’s hugging me from behind, but it feels like more
than that because his feet are intertwined with mine.
I really want to stay awake and memorize every second of this moment,
but being held by Simon is so comforting that I’m drifting off to
sleep only seconds later.
When Ebb wakes us up in the morning, Simon is still holding me. He’s
blushing deep red when he flings himself out of the sleeping bag. Ebb
just stands there and winks at me, humming something dumb that sounds
like a love song.
Okay, so with a little bit of wire translation between the C64 and C16 keyboard matrix charts, I was able to get it to chooch. it’s a clusterfuck of wires, and many of the special function keys aren’t mapped 1:1, but you could type on this beast if you had to. With a bit of keycap rearrangement, I’m sure this would be a perfectly viable keyboard.
12 Biblical Reasons For Wanting To Spend One Hour With Jesus In The Blessed Sacrament
1. He is really there! “I myself am the living bread come down from heaven.” (Jn 6:35)
2. Day and night Jesus dwells in the Blessed Sacrament because of his Infinite love for you! “Behold I will be with you always even to the end of the world,” because “I have loved you with an everlasting love, and constant is my affection for you.” (Mt 28:20; Jer 31:3)
3. The specific way that Jesus asks you to love him in return is to spend one quiet hour with him in the Blessed Sacrament. “Where your treasure is, there is your heart….” “Could you not watch one hour with me?” (Mt 6:21; 26:40)
4. When you look upon the Sacred Host, you look upon Jesus, the Son of God. “Indeed, this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks upon the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life. Him I will raise up on the last day.” (Jn 6:40)
5. Each moment that you spend in His Eucharistic Presence will increase his divine life within you and deepen your personal relationship and friendship with him. “I have come that you may have life, and have it more abundantly.” “I am the vine and you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him shall bear much fruit because without me, you can do nothing.” (Jn 15:5)
6. Each hour you spend with Jesus will deepen his divine peace in your heart. “Come to me all of you who are weary and find life burdensome and I will refresh you…” “Cast all of you anxieties upon the one who cares for you…” “My Peace is My Gift to you.” (Mt 11:28; Pt 5:7; Jn 14:17)
7. Jesus will give you all the graces you need to be happy! “The Lamb on the throne will shepherd them. He will lead them to the springs of life-giving water.” (Rev 7:17)
8. Jesus is infinitely deserving of our unceasing thanksgiving and adoration for all he has done for our salvation. “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive honor, glory and praise.” (Rev. 5:12)
9. For peace in our country! “When my people humble themselves and seek my presence… I will revive their land.” (2Chr 7:14)
10. Each hour you spend with Jesus on earth will leave your soul everlastingly more beautiful and glorious in heaven! “They who humble themselves shall be exalted….” “All of us, gazing on the Lord’s glory with unveiled faces, are being transformed from glory to glory into his very image.” (Lk 18:14; 2Cor 3:18)
11. Jesus will bless you, your family and the whole world for this hour of faith you spend with Him in the Blessed Sacrament. “Blessed are they who do not see and yet believe…” “Faith can move mountains…” “ What is needed is trust… ” “Behold I come to make all things new.” (Jn 20:29; Mk 11:23; Mk 5:36; Rev 21:5)
12. Each moment you spend with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament brings joy, pleasure, and delight to his Sacred Heart! “My joy, my pleasure, my delight is to be with you.” (Prov 8:31)
12 Reasons From The Teachings Of The Church For Wanting To Spend One Hour With Jesus In The Blessed Sacrament
1. You are greatly needed! “The Church and the world have a great need of eucharistic adoration.” (Pope John Paul II, Dominicae Cenae)
2. This is a personal invitation to you from Jesus. “Jesus waits for us in this sacrament of love.” (Pope John Paul II, Dominicae Canae)
3. Jesus is counting on you because the Eucharist is the center of life. “Every member of the Church must be vigilant in seeing that the sacrament of love shall be at the center of the life of the people of God so that through all the manifestations of worship due him shall be given back ‘love for love’ and truly become the life of our souls.” (Pope John Paul II, Redeemer of Man)
4. Your hour with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament will repair for evils of the world and bring about peace on earth. “Let us be generous with our time in going to meet Jesus and ready to make reparation for the great evils of the world. Let your adoration never cease.” (Pope John Paul II, Dominicai Cenae)
5. Day and night Jesus dwells in the Blessed Sacrament because you are the most important person in the world to him! “Christ is reserved in our churches as the spiritual center of the heart of the community, the universal Church and all humanity, since within the veil of the species, Christ is contained, the invisible heart of the Church, the Redeemer of the world, the center of all hearts, by him all things are and of whom we exist.” (Pope Paul IV, Mysterium Fidei)
6. Jesus wants you to do more than to go to mass on Sunday. “Our communal worship at mass must go together with our personal worship of Jesus in Eucharistic adoration in order that our love may be complete.” (Pope John Paul II, Redeemer of Man)
7. You grow spiritually with each moment you spend with Jesus! “Our essential commitment in life is to preserve and advance constantly in Eucharistic life and Eucharistic piety and to grow spiritually in the climate of the Holy Eucharist.” (Pope John Paul II, Redeemer of Man)
8. The best time you spend on earth is with Jesus, your Best Friend, in the Blessed Sacrament! “How great is the value of conversation with Christ in the Blessed Sacrament, for there is nothing more consoling on earth, nothing more efficacious for advancing along the road of holiness!” (Pope Paul VI, Mysterium Fidei)
9. Just as you can’t be exposed to the sun without receiving its rays, neither can you come to Jesus exposed in the Blessed Sacrament without receiving the divine rays of his grace, his love, his peace. “Christ is truly the Emmanuel, that is, God with us, day and night, he is in our midst. He dwells with us full of grace and truth. He restores morality, nourishes virtue, consoles the afflicted, strengthens the weak.” (Pope Paul VI, Mysterium Fidei)
10. If Jesus were actually visible in church, everyone would run to welcome him, but he remains hidden in the Sacred Host under the appearance of bread, because he is calling us to faith, that we many come to him in humility. “The Blessed Sacrament is the ‘Living Heart’ of each of our churches and it is our very sweet duty to honor and adore the Blessed Host, which our eyes see, the Incarnate Word, whom they cannot see.” (Pope Paul VI, Credo of the People of God)
11. With transforming mercy, Jesus makes our heart one with his. “He proposes his own example to those who come to him, that all may learn to be like himself, gentle and humble of heart, and to seek not their own interest but those of God.” (Pope Paul VI, Mysterium Fidei)
12. If the Pope himself would give you a special invitation to visit him in the Vatican, this honor would be nothing in comparison to the honor and dignity that Jesus himself bestows upon you with the invitation of spending one hour with him in the Blessed Sacrament. “The divine Eucharist bestows upon the Christian people the incomparable dignity.” (Pope Paul VI, Mysterium Fidei)
Alright, so while I work on a complete Shiny Guide for all the Generations, I’m gonna be posting each one one at a time.
Today, we’ll be discussing Shiny Hunting in Generation 1: Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green for both VC and the physical game.
First off, you will need to understand how this is even possible.
Despite the concept of Shiny Pokemon not existing until GSC, it is possible that if you trade a Pokemon with a certain stat spread to GCS, it can end up Shiny. Like in all Generations, IVs existed in Gen 1, but were referred to as DVs, or Detrimental Values, instead.
In the GSC, shininess is determined by the following:
HP must be equal to 0 or 8
Attack must be equal to 2/3/6/7/10/11/14/15
Defense must be equal to 10
Special must be equal to 10
Speed must be equal to 10
However, when transferring them from VC RBGY to Sun and Moon, they are determined by these instead:
HP must be equal to 0 or 4
Attack must be equal to 10
Defense must be equal to 2/3/6/7/10/11/14/15
Special must be equal to 10
Speed must be equal to 10
See the difference? Pokebank attempts to take in account, but ends up getting the Attack and Defense stats backwards, hence the effed up stats. And why HP is different as well, I have no idea.
There are only 4 Pokemon in RBGY that have stats high enough to where you can successfully shiny hunt for, and that is the Legendary Birds and Mewtwo. However, technically, all Pokemon in RBGY can be shiny hunted for, but they’ll have to be over Level 30, and gaining any EVs from battles can completely fuck this up too, so if you wanna Shiny Hunt for anything other than the Legendaries, I highly recommend you do the Old Man Glitch (Missingno Glitch) to dupe some Rare Candies.
Anyways, onto the stats for the Legends!
For Shiny Hunters who have physical copies of RBGY, GSC, and a Link Cable, the stats to get the Shiny Legends are the following. (NOTE: You CANNOT give them any EVs, or else it messes with their Shininess, so don’t use them to fight wild Pokemon or Trainer Battles!!)
For Shiny Hunters who have the Virtual Console Copies, Poke Transfer, Pokebank, and SuMo, The stats to get the Shiny Legends are the following. (NOTE: Same as the above, don’t use them in any wild encounters or Trainer Battles!!)
Writing commissions will begin at $5. I shit you not, 5 whole dollars!
That’ll get you 500 words, a minific, a ficlet, if you will.
$10 will, of course, get you 1000 words. Or more, it depends on how much I get carried away with the writing. Either way, it will be done.
After that initial $10, it’s $8 for each 1k words after that, meaning that it’ll be $18, $26, etc.
I’m willing to write the following: M/M, F/F, F/M, heck, throw some poly stuff in there and I’ll do a bit more research into that, too! However, I’ll only write M/M smut, seeing as how it’s the only type I’m well-versed in.
… whaaat, I see you staring at me with those big ol’ eyes.
I’m willing to write… y’know, most kinks, if you’re into a thing, I’ll probably write it, that said, anything involving scat of any kind is a no-go, sorry to that niche audience. I’m better at writing fluff, anyway.
There are also quite a few fandoms I’m willing to write for: RWBY, RvB (to a point), FF (specifically 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, and 15), Voltron: Legendary Defender, and various anime, and I can even write original things if need be. God forbid. Original things. Buuut, FF15 is my main fanbase at the moment.
My apologies, that came off more sarcastic than it ought.
Payments will be done via PayPal, and will be done on a half paid-up front basis. As it is, I’m rather busy with assignment work at the moment (ain’t university a bitch), so things might not get done… that quickly, but y’know. I’ll try, I’ll do the thing, I’ll write to the best of my goddamn ability.
My email and PayPal are both: email@example.com, my askbox is also open, and if we’re already mutual followers, my IMs are open, too. <3