16 things I learned while being 16
1. You are a lot stronger than you think you are.
2. Breathe. No matter how bad you feel right now, no day lasts longer than 24 hours.
3. Surround yourself with people who inspire you to be the best version of yourself.
4. Boys aren’t as scary as you think they are.
5. Going to the movies or shopping alone is not something you have to avoid at all costs but rather a great thing to do during your me time.
6. Plan your next steps ahead especially your near future whether it’s looking at unis, apply for internships, book flights etc.
7. Take your time. If you feel like you pushed yourself too far into a relationship for example it’s okay to admit to yourself that you weren’t ready. There are plenty of options later in life.
8. People don’t care about your pimples or your unwashed hair. Sometimes we tend to think that everyone’s thoughts are about us, which is luckily not the case.
9. Become the person you are instead of trying to change yourself for the sake of family members or friends.
10. Having a diary or occasionally writing letters to your future self can reduce your stress level and who doesn’t like reading letters from your past self?
11. Relationships aren’t a necessity. If you never dated, kissed, or were in a relationship with someone, that’s okay. It doesn’t make you less valuable or weird trust me.
12. Tell your loved ones how much you appreciate their existence, they won’t be here forever.
13. Grades aren’t everything. Yes they pretty much determine your future but one failed test won’t destroy everything you worked so hard for.
14. Artsy stuff is amazing. Read books which inspire you or take pictures of the things you love just to put them on your walls afterwords.
15. You can do everything as long as you are passionate about it and willing to work hard.
16. Live. You have your entire life in front of you and the world offers you endless possibilities.