Beyoncé ranks #1 on Rolling Stone’s 50 Best Albums of 2016
“The queen not only made the album of the year (and make no mistake, David Bowie would have been the first to say so), she delivered a confessional, genre-devouring suite that feels larger than life yet still heartbreakingly intimate, because it doubles as her portrait of a nation in flames.”
“Ashes to ashes. Dust to sidechicks. And woe to any fool who tries to interrupt her grinding.” Rolling Stone
1) Lemonade - Beyoncé 2) Blackstar - David Bowie 3) Coloring Book - Chance The Rapper 4) Teens of Denial - Car Seat Headrest 5) Blonde - Frank Ocean 6) A Moon Shaped Pool - Radiohead 7) Blue & Lonesome - Rolling Stones 8) The Life Of Pablo - Kanye West 9) You Want It Darker - Leonard Cohen 10) Jeffrey - Young Thug
Ok, everyone seems to be hyped from the ring exchange in this newest episode for YoI, but I feel like there’s other things that were kind of ignored over this amazing scene.
1) Our friendly neighborhood salty tiger now made a new friend which is super cute and needs to be applauded for that.
2) The whole episode was in Victor’s POV!!! With the exception of the side characters, but still!!! The opening scene kind of looks like something from Free! which makes you say: “Haru, wrong anime”.
3) We saw Guang-Hong, Leo, Seung Gil, and Minami for a brief moment, but it was still amazing.
4) The questionable pole that no one knows where it came from
5) WHO TOOK THAT PIC OF VICTOR AND CHRIS AT THE POOL?!?!
6) Yuri spent a shit ton of yen/cash/euros for a “good luck charm” when if you pause at the right moment, you can (kind of) see that the receipt says wedding ring. I can hear the debates over the theory if Yuri bought one (for Victor and receives a ring Victor himself probably bought) or two rings (his good luck charm and a thank you gift for Victor). Either way you look at it, you can’t ignore the proposal.
7) How much do skaters get paid?? Yuri spent some serious cash/yen/euros for the one/two ring(s) and they don’t look cheap either, he probably spent most of his check on the ring(s). It’s totally worth it since he gets to marry Victor.
8) Lastly, no one talks about how Yurio calls Yuri’s ring “garbage” to Victor’s face. Despite the man looking cool and calm, that’s the scariest thing of it all since his hand is clearly trembling in rage with anger burning in his eyes over the fact that Yurio insulted something significant to him. I’m calling out on that scene since I don’t see that many people chat about that part and it’s epic!!
That’s all for today, let’s agree that if Yuri and Victor did On Love: Eros or Stay Close to Me as their wedding dance the whole fandom would all need to be revived from this gorgeously dangerous couple. Fluff up your feathers for next time, bye bye!!
Well, there goes 2016! I love this time of year. The time when I reflect back at all the music I had in rotation throughout the past year. While 2016 generally sucked, musically it was an amazing year. So much so that I expanded the usual top 25 to a top 50. So here they are, The Venn Review's top 50 albums of 2016! Some of these we have featured right here on the blog throughout the years, so follow the links if you care to find out who their hypothetical parents were.
1. Foreign Fields - Take Cover 2. David Bazan - Blanco 3. Pinegrove - Cardinal 4. Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor’s Guide to Earth 5. Bon Iver - 22, A Million 6. Radiohead - Moon Shaped Pool 7. Walter Martin - Arts & Leisure 8. Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial 9. Frankie Cosmos - Next Thing 10. Anderson .Paak - Malibu 11. Beyonce - Lemonade 12. Margaret
Glaspy - Emotions and Math 13. Caleb
Groh - Ocelot 14. White
Denim - Stiff 15. Busman’s
Holiday - Popular Cylces 16. Andrew Bird - Are You Serious? 17. Daughter
- Not To Disappear 18. A
Tribe Called Quest - We Got it From Here 19. Conor
Oberst - Ruminations 20. Mitski – Puberty 2 21. Whitney
- Light up on the Lake 22. The
Jayhawks - Paging Mr. Proust 23. Frank
Ocean - Blonde 24. Solange
– A Seat at the Table 25. Nathaniel
Rateliff & The Night Sweats - A Little Something 26. Damien
Jurado – Vidions of Us on the Land 27. Sara
Watkins - Young in all the Wrong Ways 28. Wilco
– Schmilco 29. Y
La Bamba – Ojos Del Sol 30. Childish Gambino - Awaken, My Love! 31. Joyce
Manor – Cody 32. Kishi
Bashi - Sonderlust 33. Kendrick
Lamar – Untitled Unmastered 34. You
Won’t - Revolutionaries 35. Mount
Moriah - How to Dance 36. Margo
Price - Midwest Farmer’s Daughter 37. St
Paul & the Broken Bones – Sea of Noise 38. Leonard
Cohen – You Want it Darker 39. Johnny
Fritz - Sweet Creep 40. Sia
- This is Acting 41. Mogwai
– Atomic 42. Paul
Simon – Stranger to Stranger 43. Thao
and the Get Down Stay Down – A Man Alive 44. NAO – For All We Know 45. David
Bowie – Blackstar 46. Andrew
Leahey & The Homestead – Skyline in Central Time 47. Michael
Nau – Mowing 48. Pascal
Pinon – Sundor 49. Birdtalker
- Just This 50. Kyle
Dixon & Michael Stein – Stranger Things Soundtrack
Thank you all for stopping by to read the blog throughout the year! I truly appreciate all the continued love and support for the blog. Please take a moment to go find @ vennreview on Instagram and Twitter and help me spread the word! #vennreview
I’m tring to understand the significance behind the number 6. There are a lot of reiterations of the number 6 and not just in TST.
Could Moriarty have orchestrated John’s marriage with Mary 6 years prior? My belief is that he did. We know A.G.R.A was no longer used 6 years prior to TST because of whatever went down with “amo”. We know Moriarty was not above government machinations so it’s feasable that he was behind “amo”.
Moriarty recorded the Miss Me video years prior because he knew Sherlock would not die in Reichenbach. Moriarty saw something, a chink in Sherlock’s armor at the pool 6 years prior. A plan was formulated that night…The Final Problem. Moriarty’s words during TRF, “Everyone has a pressure point, someone they want to protect.” Mary’s words during TST, “Save John Watson”. Moriarty didn’t steal anything from the tower or bank because he didn’t want anything. He had all the pieces in place already.
I’m also dubious about how Mary escaped. If she hadn’t betrayed her ‘family’ then Mary would have done something, made an effort at least to reach her comrades. But no, she escaped and didn’t look back, presumably to asumme her new identity.
666, The Omen. Love that John pointed this out during his nighttime conversation about Rosemund with Mary.
Another appearance of the number 6 was during TRF. It took 6 minutes for the jury to find Moriarty not-guilty. Coincidence? The universe is rarely that lazy.