Some running tips for you on this Thursday. 🏃💕
1. Increase your mileage by no more than 10% a week. Any more than this can lead to injury.
2. Vary your weekly runs. Try to include one long run, one tempo run, and some interval training. The rest can be easy miles.
3. Get your running shoes at a running store after having them evaluate your feet and your stride. This will ensure the shoes fit properly, which is so key for preventing injuries! And replace your shoes every 300-400 miles.
4. Cross train on off days from running - swimming, elliptical, walking and biking are good options.
5. Strength training is also super important for runners. Try to get a strength training routine in 3 times a week.
6. Meet your body’s energy demands with good quality nutrition.
7. Always keep hydrated!
8. Get a good amount of sleep to maximize recovery.
9. Set goals that make sense for YOU. It’s important to have something to work towards, but setting goals that are too lofty is asking for burnout and injury.
10. Listen to your body. If you need to take a day off, do it. If you get injured, follow the necessary procedures (rest, ice, compression, elevate, if it’s more serious then see a doctor). You won’t get any better by training on an injury.
Debbie is class president. She’s on the debate team, going to nationals. And Lip, he’s top of his class. He set the curve. Ian was promoted in ROTC and he tested out of English. And Carl made something blow up for his science fair.
The first time I met you keeps replaying like a broken record in my mind. Nothing has made me feel more alive in such a long time but your smile surely did it. My stomach filled with butterflies and my heart filled with warmth – waiting to be in your presence was far too long.
Nothing could compare to looking over and seeing your beautiful smile and hearing your laugh. And my god, I didn’t mean to stare because I was always taught staring is rude, but how could I not stare at the most beautiful fucking work of art I have ever seen.
You see, I have always loved art and I have always loved mysteries, so perhaps that is why I could not take my thoughts off you. I could compare you to “Starry Night” by Van Gogh, but I don’t even think that could define the work of art and beauty that you are. You are so mysterious and it attracts me more and more everyday because I want to know every last thing about you.
I will never forget the first time you laid your lips on mine and kissed me. Everything around us went quiet and quite literally I felt fireworks inside of me. I think about you sleeping next to me, and my god I am so cold and am in need of your warm touch again.
You make me feel so calm, but at the same time you cause a ruckus inside of my body. When I say ruckus, I mean having you next to me makes me feel as if I could run a 5K marathon and never stop. You make me feel so much and then some.
I pray to God you never leave my mind, the thought of you makes me feel again.
I really loved this yoga program that I tried out today! 🙆
I’ve always liked yoga, but found that classes I took or videos I followed were always either:
1. Way too hard and isn’t yoga supposed to be relaxing
2. Sleeping on the ground the whole time not getting a workout at all
3. I can’t follow what you’re saying because I don’t speak yogi! And what’s with all the candles and chanting?
But I know that I’m not flexible AT ALL and that’s one of my biggest weak points. Plus, I’m a runner and stretching is hugely important to runners and something that most of us don’t do nearly enough. 🏃
So when I tried out a video from 3 Week Yoga Retreat, I was pleasantly surprised. It’s marketed towards beginners, but it’s still challenging enough to feel like a workout even though it’s “just yoga.” I felt sufficiently strengthened, stretched, and relaxed by the end. 🌻
If you want to try it out (especially my runner friends!) let me know! 😊