Some Data on Why Streaming is Needed
These are the latest stats on Louis:
- Global. As frustrating as it is, Louis is stuck at number 51 and is therefore invisible on the Global Charts. The differences he needs to make up for with number 50? 1,143,550 - 1,138,677 = 4873 daily streams more.
- US. He is at 56. Improved from 58, but still invisible. Difference to make up for with number 40 (a debut within top 40 would break the Beatles’ record): 424,495 - 322,902 = 101,593 daily streams more. To be visible at all, the difference would be 39,450 additional daily streams.
- UK. He is at 57. It’s an improvement from 61 where he was before, but again. He remains invisible. The difference to make up for with number 8 (per his stance in the midweek charts): 249,933 - 82,866 = 167,067 daily streams more. I don’t see that happening. If he wants to be visible at all - the difference would be 17480 daily streams more. That at least should be doable.
- Global. Currently ranked 11, but over the last 24 hours he dropped 5 places. The difference to get him back to the Top 5 and therefore visible? About 6000 additional sales.
- US. Currently ranked 22. For the Top 5, he’d need about 5000 additional sales.
- UK. Currently ranked 13. For the Top 5, he’d need about 1000 additional sales.
Radioplay will help, but as you can see, the streaming differences are way too big to be solved just by a bit of airplay. We have to try harder.