Thank you all for being here today. This was one of Stan’s favorite spots. He spent many an afternoon doing cannonballs off of the side of this boat. He destroyed an entire ecosystem, and created that small chain of islands.
Chris Marsicano started a Twitter thread on how to effectively create impactful voices to be heard by the GOPs in the Senate during reconciliation of the House and Senate Tax Bills:
1. As y'all know, I study higher ed lobbyists and used to work for one. A friend asked how I would lobby against the Graduate School Tuition Waiver Tax if I were still in the game. I thought about it, and here’s how I would tell students to oppose the #GradStudentTax
2. First, I would shorten the name of the Graduate School Tuition Waiver Tax to the “Grad Student Tax.”
Is it reductive? Yes. Does it get the point across? Also, Yes.
3. The next thing I would do is get #GradStudentTax opponents in the following states to start calling their GOP Senators:
Utah - Sen. Hatch - (801) 524-4380 Iowa - Sen. Grassley - (515) 288-1145 Idaho - Sen. Crapo - (208) 334-1776￼ Kansas - Sen. Roberts - (913) 451-9343
Pennsylvania - Sen. Toomey - (717) 782-3951 Nevada - Sen. Heller - (702) 388-6605 South Carolina - Sen. Scott - (803) 771-6112 Lousiana - Sen. Cassidy - (225) 929-7711
6. Why those states? Those are the states that GOP members of the Senate Finance committee represent. When the House and Senate Bills are reconciled, these are the people who will be doing the reconciling. You want the #GradStudentTax gone in the final bill.
7. I would then tell anyone who plans on calling their Senators to express opposition to the #GradStudentTax in the kindest way possible. In short, keep your cool when talking to Senate staffers. You’re a lot more likely to get your message across if you are kind.
8. After that, I would tell grad students opposed to the #GradStudentTax to write and submit op-eds to the newspaper that covers your local area or an area you can claim as “home.” These newspapers might include:
UT - Deseret News/The Salt Lake Tribune IA - Des Moines Register
ID - Idaho Statesman
KS - Kansas City Star
WY - Wyoming Tribune Eagle
TX - Houston Chronicle
SD - Argus Leader
NC - Raleigh News and Observer/Charlotte Observer
GA - Atlanta Journal Constitution
OH - Columbus Dispatch
PA - Philadelphia Inquirer
NV - Las Vegas Review-Journal
SC - The State
LA - New Orleans Times-Picayune
11. I guarantee that someone on each of those Senators’ staffs reads the local newspaper cover to cover every day. You want the #GradStudentTax to be on their minds.
12. I would then caution #GradStudentTax/#GradSchoolTax opponents against hitting the streets - protest style. For some of these Senators protest will only fuel the narrative that grad students are privileged, elite, liberal snowflakes in their ivory tower.
13. While that is incredibly unfair, that is how some Senators will see your impassioned speech about the #GradStudentTax.
Instead, this is a great time to use the skills you’ve learned in academia.
14. By now, you have spent so much time as a grad student learning how to write. Use those skills - write emails, letters, op-eds, etc. There is a place for open protest, but the written word is much stronger than any picket sign or chant when it comes to the #GradStudentTax.
15. Most importantly, keep your eye on the prize - finishing your research/dissertation/thesis etc. If this bill will cripple your ability to go to grad school, do all you can to finish before the #GradStudentTax/#GradSchoolTax gets enacted.
16. We need citizen-academics to change the world with their research. That is a lot harder to do if the #GradStudentTax forces you to quit before you get “PhD” at the end of your name. Do all you can to finish, and do so ASAP.
17. Lastly, I would tell #GradStudentTax opponents stay out of the way of the universities and other organizations that are fighting on your behalf. If you are in graduate school, chances are your university has a lobbyist who is fighting tooth and nail for your future.
18. Don’t get in your lobbyist’s way by being mean to Senators or their staff. Your lobbyists need to draw on good relationships they’ve spent years building in order to do their jobs. Don’t tie one hand behind their backs just because you are (understandably) angry.
19. That’s how I would tell #gradstudents to oppose the #GradStudentTax if I was still a lobbyist. But I’m not, so I defer to actual university lobbyists who do incredible work. If you hear something different from them, listen to them. Trust me, they know what they are doing.
look at Natsu being bad ass even though he doesn’t have Igneels power anymore, and Lucy getting worried for him… my little heart can take no more… so anxious to get some resolution and for this war to end
Fairy tail 523 +: BIG REVELATION! Lucy VS Zeref/ Secret Hidden In The Chapter Titles !
Yeeeeee!!!! my new theory my subs!!!!!!
it’s here let’s goooooo!!!!! :D
(Les sous-titres en français bientôt dispo ;) )
PS : As many people, I seen the news about the end of fairy tail…
This ad does not really make sense to me because this arc is really bad
for an end of fairy tail, there is no logic to this announcement, really
I dont know what to say…
I feel this problem with fairy tail since
the end of tartaros, everything is too fast and shipped, fights
spriggans, End, natsu vs gray … but I would return in more detail
about it in video ,
I don’t know yet what will happen to my channel, because I didn’t expect
that, so I will try to publish as many theories as I could write, and
there are many
So if I don’t answer your messages, don’t be angry with me XD, I would
do it as soon as I have time, i promise ;)
The theories I would publish will be enormous in revelations and to its
climax, really I ask you to prepare yourself because will be my biggest
So while waiting for my subs, take care,
And courage to Mashima for this final arc, courage to my subs who may be
sad about this news, and hope that the level goes up and that Mashima
finishes his manga in beauty;)
“The ‘524’ in Matryoshka (by Hachi) could have multiple meanings. One theory is that 5 = 'go’ in Japanese, 2 = 'to’ in English and 4 = 'shi’ in Japanese, which is also the Japanese word for 'death’. So it could roughly mean 'Go to death’/'Go to hell’.”
Designed by brigadier general John Jacob c.1859 and manufactured by Swinburn&Sons c.1862 for Jacob’s own Indian rifleman regiment - serial number 246. .524 caliber bullet with four .585 notches that fit the gun’s rifling, fitted with a copper-cased fulminate mercury insert, percussion lock, side-by-side twin barrels, three express sights and a ladder sight graduated from 300 to 2000 yards, with 1200 yards/roughly a kilometer considered the maximum effective range. Designed as a high-precision anti-material rifle about 55 years before any other such weapon would see widespread use, Jacob’s rifle would achieve his role -blowing up shells, powder kegs and other inflammable targets- using a percussion-sensitive explosive bullet tip. The weapons and their ammunition were never widely used in any military conflict as John Jacobs died a short time before his marksman regiment could be fully equipped, and the rifles instead went on to be sold on the civilian big game hunting market.
Remember, if it took more than one shot, you weren’t using a Jacob’s.
Special Album: 화양연화 (The Most Beautiful Moment In Live) Young Forever 
– CD 1 – 1. Intro : 화양연화 2. I NEED U 3. 잡아줘 (Hold Me Tight) 4. 고엽 (Autumn Leaves) 5. Butterfly (Prologue Mix) 6. RUN 7. Ma City 8. 뱁새 (Crow It / Baepsae) 9. 쩔어 (Dope) 10. 불타오르네 (Fire) 11. Save ME 12. EPILOGUE : Young Forever
– CD 2 – 1. Converse High 2. 이사 (Move) 3. Whalien 52 4. Butterfly 5. House Of Cards (full length edition) 6. Love Is Not Over (full length edition) 7. I NEED U (Urban Mix) 8. I NEED U (Remix) 9. RUN (Ballad Mix) 10. RUN (Alternative mix) 11. Butterfly (Alternative mix)
2nd Japanese Album: Youth 
1. Introduction: Youth 2. Run 3. Fire 4. 超ヤベー! (Dope) 5. Good Day 6. Save ME 7. フンタン少年団 (Boyz with Fun) 8. ペップセ (Baepsae) 9. Wishing On A Star 10. Butterfly 11. For You 12. I Need U 13. Epilogue: Young Forever
Agust D: Agust D (2016) Listen here 1. Intro: Dt SugA (Feat DJ Friz) 2. Agust D 3. Give It To Me 4. Skit 5. 치리사일사팔 (724148) 6. 140503 새벽에 (140503 at dawn) 7. 마지막 (The Last) 8. Tony Montana (Feat. Yankie) 9. Interlude: Dream, Reality 10. So Far Away (Feat. Suran)