Persepolis (2007) - Marjane Satrapi and Vincent Paronnaud
5 bullets on this movie:
- It’s in french and I recommend you to watch it in the original language, but in the english version Iggy Pop is the voice of uncle Anouche.
- You can learn Islamic history and a lot about women rights. Marjane, the protagonist, is the best thing in this movie. She’s a rebel girl in a society that oppresses women, and you end up loving her. And also wanting to be her.
- It’s as great as the graphic novel. The dialogues are funny, but at the same time the film tells a serious and real story about women’s fight for equality.
- It’s based on the life of Marjane Satrapi, the writer of the movie and the graphic novel. I think this is what gives the story so much power.
- It’s mostly hand drawn and the animations is black and white, it’s soooo amazing. Really, it’s one of my favorite movies.