- Just because it starts off slow and pretty doesn’t mean it’s not going to get seriously intense later on. In fact, there’s probably more of a chance.
- Most pieces average about 8-15 minutes long. Entire symphonies can last roughly an hour, but you can always find separate movements. Be patient and wait. Even if you already know it and just want a specific part, just enjoy the build-ups, man.
- There’s all kinds. Anything from dark Russian waltzes to peppy English marches, to thousands of symphonies by various composers. Even if you don’t like a certain tone, there’s always more and if you find something you like, and if you listen on YouTube, the recommendations are pretty good at linking similar styles.
- Non-lyric stuff is great for studying, relaxing, or just spacing out.
- In the quiet parts, try to avoid turning up the volume too loud (but of course if you need to, then 2 clicks or so should do), unless you want to jump a foot out of your seat when the dynamics suddenly change.
- Cool stuff to get you started that you might recognize from cartoons or movies or something:
19 January: Official Danielle/Louis break-up announcement in the Sun
20 January: Daisy likes first pic of Eleanor on Instagram; Over the next month, she liked 32 different posts and pictures; Phoebe liked 9
20 January: Eleanor posts a picture to Instagram from the UK
22 January: Eleanor likes video of Gigi posted by Tommy Hilfiger like she was still promoting the brand/show
28 January: Eleanor posts instagram story from a hotel in the UK; Had drinks with uni friends there
29 January: Louis refollows Eleanor on Instagram; Russell, his manager, followed a minute later
30 January: The Sun & Mail write articles reintroducing Eleanor
4 February: James Arthur announces on Twitter he’s friends with Louis and just “hangin out” with him; Update Accounts report Harry was at LAX on his way to London
8 February: The day of the Tommy Hilfiger show; Eleanor didn’t attend, but Max did; Louis was in the studio
9 February: Her own UAs are confused about why she didn’t go to the Tommy show, especially since Max did
12 February: James Arthur starts following an Eleanor UA on Twitter
13 February: Louis on the James Corden show; Harry is papped in London
16 February: Eleanor follows Louis on Instagram and likes his selfie; Louis likes Eleanor’s selfie posted months ago of her in the same brand/design as the shirt Louis was papped in, also on the 16th; James Corden then followed Eleanor on Twitter late that night
19 February: The Sun writes an article “1D Star Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance with Ex-Girlfried Eleanor Calder” saying they’d been secretly spending time in LA together and she missed the Tommy Hilfiger show specifically to spend time with Louis.
What does all of this mean?
The effort that went into reintroducing her to this fandom using the actors in the current promo narrative (James Corden, James Arthur) is profoundly contrived. His own sisters accounts set the stage HOURS after the official break-up announcement of his “relationship” with Danielle. The ink wasn’t dry on the print edition of the Sun before Elounor 2.0 had begun.
They set the stage for the James Arthur reconciliation, too. Louis included him in an Instagram post on 4 February. Then, a week later, James Arthur’s twitter account happens to follow an Eleanor update account? @God why.
Louis followed Eleanor on Instagram on 29 January. His new “manager,” Russell, who had been on promo stops with him, followed her a minute later.
Then, on 6 February, James Corden and Louis announced Louis was coming on the show on 13 February. Then on 16 February, James followed Eleanor on Instagram late at night..
Even Harry’s flight out of town his own Update Accounts all knew about was part of this puzzle, too. He left town right as the 2 week window of Eleanor’s absence from social media began. Eleanor uses Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat religiously, including documenting her travel to and from London to other parts of the world. This just happens to be the one time in the last 18 months she hasn’t done that. She was also not included in any social media posts by her own friends in LA, so if she was there, did she spend 2 weeks surgically inserted up Louis’ asshole? That’s sure what they want you to believe!
But not even her own UAs are buying it.
They’ve been building a low level reintroduction campaign on social media with his sister’s accounts. Then, they added the additional layer of Louis’ and Eleanor’s social media account. They got relevant, timely actors currently doing promo with Louis to follow her and one of her update accounts. Harry got out of town in true 2013 style, to attend business with Jeff on another continent. Eleanor went ghost on social media, another 2013-2014 tactic. They set up a series of plausible events if you look at the surface, easy to write an article about without looking wildly false. And when all else fails, they’ll lie. That’s the ball game.
And this is nothing to say of the actual images involved here beyond the strategy behind it. I’m just going to quote @conscious–ramblings here.
Imagine splitting up with your long term boyfriend after while you dated he told everyone he wouldn’t marry you, and a year later cheated on you publicly. Imagine him then publicly going out constantly with different girls, spreading it all over social media to everyone you both know. Then imagine he knocks up one of the randoms he’s been out with once and her cousin tells everyone who will listen that he was dating the girl while he dated you. Then while he ignores pregnant girl and won’t talk to anyone about it, he starts dating someone else (who looks a bit like a budget version of you mixed with a budget version of his sister). Then after new girl publicly cheats on *him* he slides back into your DMs the next week.
IMAGINE explaining to your mates you are taking him back, let alone the whole world.
So yes, it’s contrived. Yes, it’s annoying. But it’s pretty transparent, too, so don’t give them the power of reacting emotionally if you can. Mock it. Ridicule it. Call out the bullshit. Shove the facts back down their throat. That’s how we get through this.
1. To look good in clothes
2. To be noticed
3. To look good at parties
4. To get dates
5. To not be the ugly friend
6. Or the fat friend
7. To feel wanted
8. To look good in pictures
9. To have prominate collarbones
10. And hipbones
11. To not worry if something will fit
12. To not cry in dressingrooms
13. When people stare it won’t be because they can see your fatroles
14. To be dainty
15. To not get out of breathe walking upstairs
16. Or doing anything for that matter
17. To not be asked if you want the leftovers because everyone knows you’ll eat anything
18. To wear shorts
19. Or a bathing suit
20. To wear clothes with holes and not have fat protrude from them
21. To share clothes with your perfectly skinny friends
22. To look good at all angles
23. To see the numbers on the scale drop and be proud
24. To hear, “Wow, you’ve lost weight!”
25. And, “Oh my god, you look so good now!”
26. To be confident
27. To prove that you could
28. To not be so sweaty all the time
29. To not have doctors look at you in disgust when they weigh you
30. To eat in public and not feel like a pig
31. To have physical imperfections but still be wanted because your skinny
32. To not ruin pictures with friends because you look gross and fat
33. To not get weird looks from family on holidays when you eat
34. To look cute even in baggy clothes and no makeup
35. To be ‘aesthectic’ and not a 'try-hard’ or 'wannabe’
36. To be inspiration instead of looking at inspiration
37. To have dainty hands
38. To be able to see your veins prominently
39. To look good in leggings instead of looking like lumps of jelly
40. To wear tight clothes
41. To use less products (i.e. lotion) because there’s less fat to cover
42. To be able to wear bralettes
43. To look good with short hair
44. To pay less for food because there’s less to fill with it
45. To not have hair bands be tight enough to leave a mark on your wrist
46. Chokers will look cute instead of giving you a double chin
47. To look good in high waisted jeans/shorts/skirts
48. To not have thigh chafing
49. To be able to do yoga and not look like a stumbling whale
50. To be able to exercise more and look good while doing it
Images courtesy of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing
The new animated movie, BOSS BABY, was No. 1 at the box office last weekend. But before it was a full-length film, starring the voice of Alec Baldwin, it was a 32-page picture book written by award-winning author and illustrator Marla Frazee.
Frazee is a big name for young readers and their parents — the imagination behind Seven Silly Eaters and All the World. Her illustrations have earned two Caldecott Honors.