10 Reasons Not To Relapse:
1) Withdrawals. Those weren’t fun, were they?
2) The mental torture and anxiety of realizing the dope is almost out…
3) …and having to experience that feeling every single day.
4) Your freedom will be lost once again. The dope will be making all the decisions now, and it doesn’t care how its choices will destroy you.
5) Do you really want to lose your clean time? Even if it’s a day, so many people will never be able to achieve a day of sobriety.
6) Oh, but you might not get an opportunity to ever get clean again, because there’s a good chance you’ll O.D.
7) You’ll go back to the same lifestyle that brought you to get clean to begin with.
8) Think you feel shitty now? You’ll feel even shitter when you relapse.
9) Think of your worst drug run and double it: that’s what you’ll have to look forward to.
10) I may not know you personally, but I know you don’t deserve to relive the horror that is active addiction. You may question your worth, but let me be the one to tell you that you deserve SO MUCH BETTER than having a needle in your arm, powder in your nose, or toxin in your lungs.
Now, don’t be ashamed or feel hopeless if you relapsed, because relapse is a part of lot of people’s stories, including mine. Relapse doesn’t mean you can’t get clean again; in fact it’s a big incentive to say “fuck you addiction!” And try again!
** This post is for the addicts who are about to pick up. I just wanted to try to prevent at least one person’s relapse, because as many of us know, relapses are miserable. **