This is sad day for all people who know his music, who just know him. I remember when for the first time I listened cover of charming “Chelsea Hotel No 2” by Lana Del Rey 3 years ago and cover of amazing “Is This What You Wanted” by The Last Shadow Puppets few weeks ago. I love them but no one isn’t be able to sing them better than Leonard. You left us dear Leonard but you and your beautiful and deep voice always will be in our hearts. Rest in peace Mr. Cohen
like i’m pretty sure we can all guess but can we get a full ranking just to have it on record
1. shakespeare infodump blogging obviously
2. inchoate feelings about eugene onegin blogging
3. not to be extra but this mozart is one of the most sublime pieces of music ever written blogging
4. if I could just speak in middle english in my day-to-day life I would do that chaucer blogging
5. war and peace pierre is gay blogging
runners-up include I love to talk about how much I hate wagner but on another level genuinely enjoy wagner blogging, 1776 HELL BLOGGING, the marquis de lafayette was a mistake blogging, remember how I used to hate opera blogging, trevelyon miscellany blogging, and the catch-all me sharing my irrelevant opinions about anything and everything blogging
1.Primer Beso - Lucio Godoy 2.The Secret Life Of Daydreams - Dario Marianelli 3. I Found Peace - Ruth Barrett 4.Together We Will Live Forever - Clint Mansell 5.You’ll Be Queen One Day - Ramin Djawadi 6.Love Theme / Arrest - David Hirschfelder 7.The Glass Slipper - George Fenton 8.Dust And Light - Howard Shore 9.Deep Shadows - T.T.L. 10.Aquarium - Camille Saint Saëns 11.Coronation - John Lunn 12.Whisper Of A Thrill - Thomas Newman 13. Lucy Meets Mr. Tumnus - Harry Gregson Williams 14.The Girl With The Flaxen Hair - Claude Debussy 15.Little Edie On Chair - Rachel Portman 16.Air - Johann Sebastian Bach 17.Wuthering Heights (Main Theme) - Ryuichi Sakamoto 18.This Is Neverland - Jan A. P. Kaczmarek 19.Becoming One Of The People - James Horner 20. Song From A Secret Garden - Secret Garden 21.4 O’ Clock Reprise - Emilie Autumn 22. Fairytale - Harry Gregson Williams & John Powell 23.Edward Scissorhands (Main Title) - Danny Elfman 24.Dark Paradise (Instrumental) - Lana Del Rey 25.Near Light - Ólafur Arnalds 26.Prologue - James Newton Howard 27. The Lady In Blue - Patrick Doyle 28. A Princess - Javier Navarrete 29. And Just Like That - Abel Korzeniowski 30. Francis And Mary’s Theme - Trevor Morris
Uzbekistan native Timur Simakov launched his career aged 18 walking for top brands including Prada, Roberto Cavalli, Raf Simons, Louis Vuitton, Yohji Yamamoto, Dior Homme, Paul Smith, and more. Eleven shows in total.
He’s since become a favourite of Kris Van Assche, starring in the KVA and Dior Homme FW15 catalogues.
In June 2014 Timur opened the Gucci runway show going on to become a catwalk regular in Paris and Milan.
His editorial credits include Interview Germany, VMAN, L’Officiel Hommes Italia, GQ China and British GQ Style.
Ethnic Origin: Russian, Asian
How were you scouted: Jonathan Viatge
What’s your best feature: Harmony with the world
Top 3 beauty/grooming products: Cinema, soul, motorbikes
Your favorite fragrance: A girl’s hair, incense
Hobbies: Music, art, being kind
What was the last movie you watched?: Mishima: a life in four chapters (1985)
What was the last track you listened to on your iPod?: Al Green – Love And Happiness
What is your biggest fear?: Not helping the world find peace
What is your dream country to visit?: A fictitious country
If you got to relive one day in your modeling career it would be…: I don’t need to relive, i have time to make this day again in the future. Everyday there is something fun.
If you could be on the cover of any magazine, it would be: Forbes haha
What’s the funniest thing that has happened to you on a shoot?: A stylist told me to ‘try this underwear’ and presented a transparent thong.
What was the last thing to make you cry?: Sincerity from my friends
Who are your idols?: Always different worthy people that change my attitude .
What was the last dream you remember?: I’m was diving in a river, reading a book. I went beyond the universe all at the same time. I control my dreams.
One word to describe yourself: A particle of the universe. Do good things, make love.
Instagram handle: timursimakov
aaa thank you @heartballoon for tagging me <3 i still dunno who to tag so @ me if you see this and do it so i can see them ♥
1. what is your name?; skye c:
2. where are you from?; the us~
3. how old are you?; 22 almost 23 ;u;
4. what do you love about animal crossing?; what don’t i love… i love starting towns, i love seeing maps, i love working on towns, i love interacting with villagers, getting coffee, waking up early some mornings and seeing and hearing sights and music i don’t normally see or hear, i love collecting things and planning what i’m gonna do for the day, i love hacking, i love not hacking, i love the sense of peace it gives me when i’m both feeling good or feeling bad, i love animal crossing
5. do you make things on animal crossing (qr codes etc.)?; i do! i’m not fantastic but i’ve been getting better lately :D it takes a lot of work but the end result usually makes me happy!!
6. are there any features you wish animal crossing had?; definitely skin, freckles, more hair and eye colors/shapes, and jana i completely agree on pink pansies…. please though………… (i have a really long list on my blog somewhere lmao)
7. give 5 things your followers don’t know about you; idk what they don’t know but here goes: 1) prince sidon……… mmm 2) i just finished a bag of mixed taco doritos 3) i own TWELVE not 11 copies of acnl oops 4) i actually really love the guardians from botw 5) i have never cooked meat before
8. do you have other social media people can follow you on?; sure but nothing much of note (twitter is @stalhorse but i’m dumb)
9. current villagers?; i have too many towns to be answering this rn orz
10. why do you play animal crossing?; in addition to everything (and the above response) it’s helped me through so many situations and idk if i’d be here without it honestly
Preparations for #SUZALULU WEEK 2016 are now under way! fyeahsuzalulu held the first ever Suzalulu Week last year and we got a decent number of responses for a fandom that’s now so small, so let’s try it again this year!
This year’s banner features artwork by the lovely and talented @sarulovecushaw , who has kindly agreed to let me use it for the event.
Here’s how it will work and how you can participate:
There will be 1 - 2 prompts for each of the 7 days
For each day, you can write, draw, make gifs/graphics, whatever you want - as long as it’s related to suzalulu and that day’s prompt (you don’t have to post something for EVERY single day, and it’s totally okay to only submit one little thing, although of course, the more there is, the merrier! You also do not have to follow the prompt sequence but it will be great if you do!)
Tag it #suzalulu week 2016 (with the spaces in between; and make sure it’s within the first 5 tags so tumblr’s tagging system catches it) and I’ll reblog it here!
Usual rules apply: no rape, no pedophilia, no using other artwork without permission from the artist, NSFW is welcome but please tag it accordingly.
This year, we also celebrate TEN YEARS since Code Geass began in 2006. I’m going to try doing a few things differently this round though, given that September seems to be a busy period for many people, especially those who are still in school. SO:
1. Voting on when to hold it - I’d like to keep the dates relevant, so here are 6 options:
Aug 31 - Sept 6 (Aug 31st commemorates the day Turn 21 aired, aka the day Lelouch and Suzaku took over the throne and Lelouch declared Suzaku his Knight of Zero)
Sept 22 - Sept 28 (Sept 28 commemorates Zero Requiem; it’s the original air date of the last episode of R2)
Sept 28 - Oct 4 (as above)
Oct 6 - Oct 12 (Oct 6 marks the tenth anniversary of the premiere of Code Geass, being the date where the pilot episode first aired)
Nov 29 - Dec 5 (Dec 5 is Lelouch’s birthday)
Dec 5 - Dec 11 (as above)
Please pick the MOST CONVENIENT WEEK for you to participate, since the fandom has shrunk so much that we need all the activity and participation we can get!
2. Invitation for more prompt suggestions. The TENTATIVE prompt list is as follows:
Day 1: Red Day 2: Hands OR “jazz hands, with constipation” Day 3: “The heart may forget, but the body remembers” OR “Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity” - George Carlin Day 4: Domestic Day 5: Rage and Serenity Day 6: “A kingdom, or this.” Day 7: Reincarnation
As with the first time, you are free to interpret a prompt however you like (be it AU, canonverse, etc etc. A quote prompt can be rephrased or can function as a theme or as inspiration, instead of appearing word-for-word).
However, I’d also love to consider other prompts for inspiration! Such as a music prompt (featuring this song), for example. So if you’ve got some ideas, send them in. We can also work with an entirely different prompt system altogether, where Suzaku and Lelouch will each have an assigned character prompt for the day, and there will be one specific prompt for an AU option (participants can pick any prompt for that day). One example of this is SaiGenos Week.
TL;DR, HOW YOU CAN HELP RIGHT NOW:
1. Spread the word and reblog this post 2. Submit your votes and suggestions HERE by July 31st
so that I can consolidate them, make decisions, and start promoting the week proper.
If you have any questions, do send fyeahsuzalulu an ask or message me ( @touchreceptors ), your friendly neighborhood mod, on tumblr. Thank you all and let’s make this a memorable week for everyone! <3
The Smiths play softly on the speakers, my love is asleep next to me with a black cat curled up by his feet. I read by candlelight, feeling serene and collected. This moment is perfect. On bad days I will come back to this moment and recall what home feels like.
Hear ye! Hear ye! Come one, come all for Tumblr’s first ever LietPol Week! To celebrate our favorite Pole and Lithuanian, this entire week shall be filled with fanart, fanfic, fsts, musical compositions, anything you would like to show your love for this pairing. It shall be the week of Sunday February 15 - Saturday February 21. The prompts for each day are:
February 15 - Day 1: Kissing
February 16 - Day 2: Lithuania’s Birthday
February 17 - Day 3: The Commonwealth
February 18 - Day 4: Tears
February 19 - Day 5: Awkward
February 20 - Day 6: Riding
February 21 - Day 7: Peace
The requirements are very simple:
Follow this blog for everything LietPol Week related. (You do not have to follow my main!)
Any type of creative outlet is allowed.
It can be as NSFW or SFW as you would like.
If you can only do art for a few or only one of the days, it’s okay!
It doesn’t have to be romantic! It can just be friendship.
It also doesn’t have to be male Lithuania/male Poland. It can be male Lithuania/female Poland, female Lithuania/female Poland, nonbinary Lithuania/Poland, anything! As long as it contains LietPol, it’s good!
Background pairings are allowed but please keep Lithuania and Poland as the main focus.
Please tag your artwork with #lietpolweek so we can see it and reblog it!