- A viral aid campaign led by actor Ben Stiller, Colin Kaepernick and others has raised nearly $2 million for famine-stricken Somalia in just five days.
- The movement began after French social media celebrity Jérôme Jarre, concerned about a lack of media coverage surrounding the famine Somalia is currently experiencing, put out a call to action to his followers.
- After figuring out that there is only one airline currently making commercial flights to Somalia — Turkish Airlines — Jarre set a seemingly impossible goal: What if, using the hashtag #TurkishAirlinesHelpSomalia, his fans could get the company to respond?
- Soon Stiller and other social media influencers joined in, posting short videos on their respective platforms appealing to the airline to let the initiative use one of their cargo planes to deliver supplies.
- To their surprise, the airline didn’t just accept — it offered to make multiple trips. Read more (3/21/17 11:40 AM)
11, 21, 31, 32, and 58 <33333