The Grand Emperor Royale
The Grand Emperor Royale is a drawing / tournament game I came up with to pass the time. Here are the current rules:
GRAND EMPEROR ROYALE SYSTEM v.1 by Simon Cottee
1. Come up with 12 silly character names and name your CONFERENCE / DIVISION.
The Conference/Division name is the place your warriors come from and unique to your tournaments.
2. These names are seeded randomly into a bracket tournament system.
I use this website.
3. A POWER LEVEL (PL) is generated for each character
PL = 40+2d10
Roll two 10 sided dice and add those to 40
4. Draw a single image of each character matchup on seperate page
5. ATTACK / DEFEND ROUND
These rolls use a d100. Two 10 sided dice, one designated as 10’s and the other 1’s.
- Highest PL character attacks first.
- To make a successful attack roll UNDER characters PL level.
- IF attack is successful Defender now must roll UNDER their PL level to defend attack.
- After successfully defending the defender now makes their attack and so on and so forth.
- Failed attacks require no defence roll.
- FIRST successful hit on a defender WINS the match and advances.
- For the first attack of the match Defender gets a +20 PL on their defense roll.
This attempts to balances the starting attacker’s advantage
6. BATTLE MODIFIERS (These rolls activate permanent character PL changes)
- 01 Critical Success = +10 PL
- 100 Critical Failure = -10 PL
- Double Evens = +2 PL (ie: 88)
- Double Odds = -2 PL (ie: 77)
- Same roll as Attacker on Defense = Instant Defender Win
- Rolling 66 = Roll a 1d10, if 6 change PL to 66 and be marked by SATAN
7. Track results and PL changes of each match on the tournament sheet.
8. Move on to the next bracket. Draw new match ups.
HOUSE RULE: Never use old art, always redraw characters and never draw them the same way.
9. Keep going until a GRAND EMPEROR IS DECLARED! Grand Emperor gets a +10 PL winning bonus
10. Draw the Grand Emperor in their new place of power and pat yourself on the back for drawing 23 characters!!!
11. You can then battle other peoples Grand Emperor’s, using a best out of 3 system. This can work out who is the CHOSEN ONE.
These rules are just what I have been using. They were also modified and balanced throughout my competition.
If you plan on running your own feel free to adapt, change them to whatever works. Also, using less than 12 competitors might make the drawing task less intimidating.
SO… HERE IS THE VERY FIRST TOURNAMENT:
External imageHere are our 12 names. Seeded randomly using: http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator
External imageEND OF ROUND 1! Big upset as personal favourite Danger Daniels had his shit all kicked up.
External imageWOAH! Can you even believe it!? The Electric Williams SMASHES N30N Chomsky, after smashing N30N DR3@M5!? And Huge Sue the new favourite stomps on a crab! Onto the semi finals!
External imageOh my GRAWDS! Huge sue sits on a Bee and a computer man killed a cursed wizard!? THE FINALS ARE SET. Huge Sue the statistical favourite VS The Electric Williams digi D3M0N!
External imagedrum roll
External imageAND WE HAVE OUR FIRST EVER GRAND EMPEROR! Who would have thought it, The Electric Williams. Huge Sue even rolled a critical failure on that final bout. How embarrasing. Let’s all bow down uncomfortably to our new EMPEROR!
External imageSo there you go. What a big dumb event it was. Hope you all had fun. Remember, believe in urselves. xoxox