[EPISODE] Act 28. Infinity 2 - RIPPLES -.
Series: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal
Kana: 無限2 - 波紋
Romaji: Mugen 2 - Hamon
Original Air Date: April 18, 2016
Director: Hayao Yashiro
Writer: Yuji Kobayashi
Animation Director: Paul Año-Nuevo
Plot: As her fifteenth birthday approaches, Rei goes into the mountains to monitor Mugen Academy’s activities.
- This episode debuted one day after Rei Hino’s birthday: April 17.
- In alignment with the manga, Rei’s favorite flower is the Casablanca Lily. Sailor Moon creator Naoko Takeuchi chose that flower because Michie Tomizawa, the voice actor for Rei/Sailor Mars in the first anime series, liked them.
- In the manga, Eudial turned into a gorgon-like daimon before she was defeated by Sailor Moon. That monstrous transformation was left out in the anime adaptation of Act 28.
- Mars Snake Fire and an unnamed use of Fire Buster were both shown for the first time. While “Fire Buster” was never actually said by her in the manga or in this episode, it was listed as Eudial’s special attack in the Materials Collection artbook.
- Professor Souichi Tomoe was introduced.
- Until now, Hotaru’s name was not known.
- Eudial’s actual name, Yuko Arimura, as well as her codename were first mentioned. Additionally, the enemy’s collective name Death Busters was revealed.
- This episode marked the first physical appearance of the Taioron Crystal.
- This was Hayao Yashiro’s first episode as a director.
- The Tomoe Residence
- The Secret Base
- Mamoru Chiba’s residence
- Haruka and Michiru’s residence
- Fruit Parlor Crown
- Omega Area
- Mugen Academy Gymnasium