LIBYA. August & September 2011. Libyan Revolution.
(1) An assault rifle is seen on a vehicle at a checkpoint in Wadi Dinar.
(2) A revolutionary fighter stands on the street as smoke rises from a military warehouse belonging to the army of Libya’s ousted leader Muammar Gaddafi in the port area of Tripoli.
(3) Rebel fighters sit in a van in Wadi Dinar.
(4) Rebel fighters rest next to a goat’s carcass hanging from an anti-aircraft machine gun, at a checkpoint between Tarhouna and Bani Walid.
(5) A rebel fighter shoots from what is reportedly Muammar Gaddafi’s beach house in Tripoli.
(6) Women take part in a demonstration to celebrate the six-month anniversary of the uprising against Gaddafi’s regime, and the advances at the front, at the rebel-held town of Benghazi.
Photographs: Alexandre Meneghini/AP