hi, i was just wondering why you dislike sheith? i can see why myself but i was just wondering why u do?
okay so let’s pretend that the ages weren’t confirmed.
- it fucking decimates keith’s character and makes him out as the Ultimate Uke Pinup Boy™. a soft delicate flower made to be touched by shiro only (gagging). and gal/ra!kei/th in sh/eith is like, why would shiro think it’s hot? shiro has ptsd from his time with the galra. and shiro is such a good guy but the shippers make him out as some “sex god dad/dy” and i’m like, well, wherever you fucking pulled that out from.
like even if the ages were not confirmed, their behaviors are clearly one of a mature man who has seen shit and a hotheaded teen. and the fucking size difference IDK!!! squicks me out
- Yaoi Tropes. fucking everywhere. yaoi is pretty heteronormative in the first place, with the Big Buff Seme and the Waif Uke. (ties into the first point but w/e it still grosses me out!!). one half of the relationship is “manly” while the other is “feminine” like what kind of fucking shit is this (and all the time!! keith is the feminine one)
- Favors white-passing boys instead of the interracial relationships (k/lance n sh/allura) and aLWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS THEY FUCKING. MAKE LANCE OUT AS LEAST DESIRABLE. Like keith prefers shiro and it fucKING KILLS ME BC I SEE YOU, PPL WHO MAKE FICS N COMICS ABOUT LANCE GETTING HIS HEARTBROKEN. like that is so fucking colorist. just say straight up that you think lance is ugly because of his skin.
- asian fetishization, especially light-skinned asians. i’ve seen so many “”””headcanon posts”””” where they hc keith as korean and shiro as japanese and they are grossly stereotypical and lack research put into the fucking cultures.
also, asian men are often portrayed as feminine, especially in (white) western media, so showing either of them (usually keith) as excessively demure only plays into stereotypes and tropes.
- also pre-kerberos ship is gross bc keith was a student and shiro was definitely graduated. like definitely canon. (ew)