1. Life will break you down until you’re crawling on your hands and knees, until you feel like you are Atlas holding the world upon your shoulders, until you feel like the raging inferno inside of your chest is going to combust. These are the moments that will forge you in a fire and make you more unbreakable than diamonds.
2. We are made of stardust, at least that’s what they say. I remember someone told me that every atom in my body once belonged to a star that exploded. At night I stare at my hands and wonder when I will erupt. I know now that I cannot trust anyone else to keep me whole in the darkest hours of the night but my own two star infused arms.
3. You will fall in love, and that is okay. Sometimes we need to fall in love to remember that there is good out there. Fall in love with the boy who opens the door for you, fall in love with your boss who works too hard, fall in love with the woman who hands out roses on that one street corner, fall in love with yourself.
4. They weren’t lying when they said we accept the love we think we deserve. I grew up being told I was a mistake and so I adopted the idea that no one could ever love a mistake. I was wrong (they were wrong) and now it’s up to me to prove them wrong. Don’t believe the things they said, you are so much more than the toxins they tried to poison you with.
5. Close your eyes, count to ten, and open them again. You are not alone. I know it may feel like you are the only one, but believe me when I say that you aren’t. I was where you are, and now I have talked to more people that have been through much worse than I than I would like to admit to. You are never alone, not really.
6. Music can save. Play it as loud as you can with the windows down as you drive (probably a little too fast). Play it while you are at work and while you are in the shower and play it when you want to give up in the middle of the day and when you want to give up in the middle of the night. Just play the music that tugs at your heartstrings, it may save you.
7. Nothing in life is easy, not really. You will catch a few breaks here and there, but the rest of the time you will find yourself fighting tooth and nail to make it back to the top. Don’t give up, I almost did this year and if I had I wouldn’t be able to witness what the sun looks like shining in her eyes.
8. You will have scars, and that’s fine. We all have them but it’s up to you if you want to hide them or show your battle wounds to the world so they know how strong of a warrior you are, so they know not to fuck with you.
9. Watch the sunrise, and watch the sunset. There is something about the sun that screams life; let the light bleed into you and consume you until you shine with it. Sometimes it’s the simple things we are missing in life that we need the most.
10. They will say they love you and then they will turn around and break your heart. You cannot compare your life’s worth to the empty spaces that were once filled around you. People will leave (willing or not) and life will go on. Let life go on.
11. If you are under the impression you are broken, then it is up to you to decide if you are or not. It took me years to admit that I was never quite whole, but when I did it was the most freeing feeling ever. Brokenness does not take away from perfection, and you are the very definition of perfect.
12. It’s okay to let people in, you don’t need to cage yourself away from the rest of the world, don’t forget to live your life while you pursue safeness.
13. Hobbies will save you when all else fails you, find a hobby and stick to it. When the world feels all too loud, a hobby can make you go deaf.
14. The moment you realize Wonder Woman or any other superhero you idolized as a child is not going to swoop down and save you is when your life changes. You have to be your own hero in this world. Stop waiting for someone to save you and go save yourself.
15. They are gone, she took her own life and he died in a car crash and she died from cancer and he left. You cannot live your life counting how many people that held a piece of your heart vanished, I’m not saying to forget about them I’m just saying that it’s okay to say goodbye.
16. It’s okay to cry; cry in the shower and in bed and in your car, being sad is okay as long as you don’t let it consume you.
17. Smile as much as you can even on the bad days.
18. For God’s sake, don’t let them ruin you. You are so strong, you’ve made it this far and that means you can make it another day. If you can get through today you can get through tomorrow and every day that follows. If you feel like you can’t get through the day then sit down and don’t move until the light is peaking in through your window.
19. Never say never. If you think you can’t do something try anyway, this is your life, you are the main character of your own story, but you are also the author of your story. Write it however you want, but don’t give up halfway through.
20. Just don’t take your life. While this is something I learned this year I’m also writing this as a reminder to myself and to you. Don’t do it, please. There can be more to life than what you are feeling right now, don’t rob yourself of the beauty of this world. Don’t give up, no matter how much it hurts.
An open letter to myself, and to you. (Sometimes I write until I run out of words) ALightLitInTheDark
Hi! Thank you for this question I’ve been DYING to put these thoughts into words. Unfortunately, I can’t list just one thing, because one piece of evidence can be easily dismissed! It’s all of it together, so I’ll list my top ten reasons.
1. The original outline. Jon and (his sister) fell in love. They were tormented by the fact that they thought they were siblings. Remnants of Jon/Arya are there in the fake!Arya storyline. Arya was replaced by Sansa, and Sansa will arrive at the Wall as the grey girl.
2. The parentage reveal. It gives Jon and Sansa permission to be in love. This is HUGE. It also gives Sansa a reason to marry Jon so he can be accepted at Winterfell with the Starks.
3. Sansa is unlucky in love for a reason. All of her suitors are somehow “not quite right.” Her love life is written as a Goldilocks story. Jon is the perfect bowl of porridge.
4. Prince Charming was right there all along. More than any other character, Sansa is characterized by her idealism of knighthood/courtly love and her belief that she needed to go south to find it. Jon is the knight/prince next door. To quote S6 Sansa after Jon kisses her: “Back then I thought about what I wanted, never about what I had.”
5. The blue flower prophecy. Sansa as Winterfell’s blue rose (the daughter of Winterfell/Bael the Bard) is the blue flower growing in Jon’s wall of ice. She is growing through a “chink” in his armor, meaning there is a weakness in his armor. Sansa is his “weakness” (Greyworm and Missandei are foreshadowing Jonsa).
6. Constant incest discourse in Jon’s storyline. He has a conversation with Ygritte where she asks him “Would you bed your sister?” He thinks of Sansa twice when he’s staying at Craster’s Keep. He has a dream of feeling ashamed to have sex with Ygritte in the godswood because his father/the gods are watching them. He already obsesses over the idea of Arya in a forced marriage, when it’s really Sansa who is in one. Jaime (Kingsguard=Night’s Watch) from the outline was given a twin, whom he’s in love with. Technically, Sansa is a Lannister; Jon is a Targaryen, and both families practice incest. This is why the parentage reveal is so important. It’s a relief from the guilt of loving Ned’s daughter; that love is a respite for not being Ned’s son.
7. The order of Jon and Sansa’s chapters. More than I can discuss here, but Jon and Sansa are trapped in romantic situations at about the same time. Jon is trapped with Ygritte, Sansa is trapped with the Tyrells, then with Tyrion. In Storm of Swords, Jon Chapter 15 has him thinking of how to make the best out of Ygritte’s pursuit of him while Sansa Chapter 16 has her thinking of how she can make the best out of a bad situation with Willas as a suitor. Jon Chapter 79 has him contemplating Stannis’ offer of becoming Lord of Winterfell and rebuilding it while Sansa Chapter 80 has her building Winterfell as a snow castle (complete with a snow knight for christ sake).
8. The romantic tropes in the show and Sansa’s accelerated storyline. Others in the fandom have done a much better job of detailing this. But what stands out to me is that Jon is awestruck when he first sees her. Jon and Sansa flirt when they first meet. He cloaks her; she cloaks him. They argue like a married couple. They work together to achieve a common goal. The scripts write them as “regal and majestic” and their arguments skirt around the “true tension between them.” Sansa’s storyline was also accelerated in the show. This was done to lay the groundwork for a romance across the last 3 seasons of the series. Dany/Jon was written as a bare bones “romance” to troll the shippers and create buzz in the off-season. Woe to thee who fail to recognize Jonsa.
9. The absence of infatuation. At this point in the books it is true that Sansa/Jon rarely think of each other. However, the absence of thought is evidence. First of all, they were described as “not close” for a reason: to put familial distance between them so that when they reunite they will feel more like strangers, less like close siblings (Jon/Arya). Second, the absence of thought is very simplistic evidence for anti-Jonsa arguments. Why should we only pay attention to explicit, surface-level infatuations that the characters have? If that was the case, then we would be shipping Sansa with Joffrey, Loras, or Harry. If the books are complex enough to have LF and Varys engage in an epic shadow war, why wouldn’t an epic love story be hidden in the text as well? Book foreshadowing for their relationship exists; it can be found in their opposite-sex relationships and in the stories and songs that Sansa idolizes (Florian/Jonquil, Jenny of Oldstones, and Aemon/Nerys for example). Jon and Sansa are thinking of each other, just subconsciously, through wish fulfillment in their suitors and monomyths in the universe. Freud and Jung would instantly pick up on it.
if danny phantom were ever to get a live action spin off, i want it to be something like stranger things. horror and full of suspense, but also cheerful and funny at times, with a nice retro vibe. get those edgy cw dramas out of my face. i want actual 14 year olds playing 14 year olds ok
- school is fucking important. pay attention and do the work, it’s so worth it.
- friends come and go, it’s gonna happen. sometimes it’s your fault, and sometimes it’s not. you’ve just gotta understand that everything happens for a reason.
- your parents might be annoying, but they really do have your best interests in mind. you should try listening to them once in awhile, you really might learn something.
- if a boy doesn’t try, he genuinely doesn’t care. wait for the guy who would do anything to be your everything.
- your body is your body. you’re stuck with it, so make the most of it. if you wanna wear makeup, wear makeup. go on youtube and watch tutorials, it’ll get you somewhere. if you don’t wanna wear makeup, don’t fucking wear makeup. you look great either way.
- you’re gonna get your heart broken. a lot. by friends, family, and boys. every heart break is a lesson.
- when one door closes, another one opens. i promise.
- if you want a change, you have to be the change
- live your life for yourself..because it’s yours. focus on what makes you happy at the end of the day, because that’s whats most important. that you are happy.
i see a lot of posts going around about how the process of making art is essentially just tears and experiencing The Struggle™ and while those are ALL TRUE i would also like to point out the GOOD THINGS about making art!!!!!!
when u finally find that ONE PERFECT SHADE OF COLOR
experimenting with different art styles
those tiny mindless doodles u make on the corner of the page
flipping ur canvas and seeing that ur drawing isnt TOO asymmetrical
[picks brush u dont often use] why the HECK dont i use this more often???
putting ur music on shuffle and a song that fits the scene of what ure drawing comes on
turning off ur lineart layer and having a good laugh over how ur color layer looks like a melting ice cream
drawing something u’ve never tried and realizing that u LIKE IT
when ur friend does the compliment thing. thank u friend
drawing a curvy line and GETTING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TRY
overlay. thats it
spacing out in the middle of sketching/lining/coloring and 5 mins later going like o HEY COOL i can draw
that tiny pop when u stretch ur back after hours of arting
seeing the final result and thinking goddamn!!!!!!
HELLO FELLOW SHORT COSPLAYER!!! Would it be too much trouble to ask what shoe lifts you use and/or expand on your hidden heel process? Thank you!
This is stuff I’ve posted to my FACEBOOK PAGE before, but I’ll share it on here for you!
1. Use polyfill fiber to fill in the giant gap for heels, and hand sew on a bias-stripe of fabric to your boot cover so you can hide just how much extra height you’re packing.
2. Buy shoe lifts! (Can be called ‘heightening inserts’ or ‘shoe lifts’ or ‘shoe inserts’) You can get them from Ebay for $10-$20. I LOVE THESE THINGS. I started using them in 2009 and they work wonders. Especially if you want the slimming and heightening effect of heels but you don’t want footwear with a spike or platform heel (i.e. for female->male cosplay).
1) Diana - she is so pure and good and absolutely magnificent and GAL GADOT Christ take the wheel
2) Steve - broke my heart to fucking pieces with blue-eyed sincerity and the quiver in his voice when begs Diana for help
3) THE FIGHT SCENES OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD I AM ATTRACTED TO ALL OF THE AMAZONS AND JESUS CHRIST THAT IS SIME GOOD STUFF RIG THERE
4) No Man’s Land - I don’t know what it is because it’s not about people dying, but it’s the sheer EPIC scale of the hero sequence, the music, and the way Diana just lunges forward with her shield and just TAKES THE FIRE that brings tears to my eyes
5) Etta - we fight with our principles
6) Diana is bi
7) REPRESENTATION EVERYWHERE
8) Steve and Diana’s relationship: respectful and gentle
9) They don’t deserve you
10) And Steve knows it
11) SHIELD - The fact that Steve saw that move and remembered it and used it to HELP Diana
12) how much of a LOVELY person Steve is: smart, charming, self-deprecating, and so deeply deeply human and scared
13) CHRIS PINE NUDE????
14) DIANA BEING BADASS AND YOU NEVER GET TIRED OF IT
15) When Diana just smashes through buildings with an unsuspecting soldier smashed through the wall - get wrekd
16) the values the film explores
17) did I mention horses? Because horses!
18) WOMEN EVERYWHERE (and in the crew too!)
19) The WW THEME y'all
20) Chris Pine: he is still making me bawl my eyes out. THE SPEECH. when he wishes he could tell Diana that there’s ONE man to blame but there isn’t and his voice just BREAKS. That broke me. Oscar worthy. His eyes tearing up and his hands clutching desperately at her. And he looks death in the eyes and is scare, but DOES THE THING ANYWAY. “I can save today. You can save tomorrow. I wish we had more time. I love you"
a good post is on its way my dudes and here u have it. the many reasons why ryan hawley should win his tv choice award:
1. his wide variety of impressions ranging from that of a police (which if u heard it on its own without visual evidence u would not realize it is, in fact, the character of robert sugden) to that of eric pollard and his breakfast banter 😌 the depth and accuracy provided to his impressions makes him an even better contender for this award
2. his micro expressions where his face goes from neutral to worried in a split second. if u look closely during a great deal of scenes where someone he loves is involved in something horrific, u can see the change in his face as his worry is so so evident. let’s take the moment where chas reveals to robert that aaron has received a 12 month prison sentence. you can identify the exact moment where his forehead creases upwards and his face turns into one of utter worry. to me, that is so astounding??? and his micro expressions are also so evident during the most recent scenes where u can see his scheming face soften in the presence of either vic or aaron as he feels guilty for lying to the two people who matter most to him.
3. his improvement especially in terms of emotional scenes: we all know ryan has always been so good with any sort of scene he’s been given throughout these 3 years, however during the past year or so, his performances have gained even more depth and emotion than before, which i didn’t even think was possible??? (considering how amazing his performances were even prior to this year!!) the emotions experienced by robert are so palpable and real and ryan’s portrayal is what provides them with this tangibility.
4. his (and danny’s) ability to turn a shitty storyline into something tremendous. it’s no surprise that danny and ryan’s acting ability extends so far and this is exhibited in the fact that they still manage to elicit some form of emotion from the viewers, despite the negative turn of the storyline and the lack of coherence & consistency present within diverse parts of the same storyline.
5. and last but not least, let us all remember how ryan replaced an actor (karl davies) who was highly praised for his portrayal of the infamous robert sugden, so he had some big shoes to fill. the pressure was definitely on and all eyes were on him and on how he would end up portraying such a well known and beloved character, so many years after his exit from emmerdale. and if anyone takes a look at him now, it’s evident how truly he portrays robert and how well he knows him. the fact that ryan is literally the polar opposite of robert contributes even further to why he deserves this award so much!!!
and these are just a few of the reasons why ryan hawley should win the tv choice award (this also applies to danny and john but the lanky giraffe deserved a lil post of his own since he needs to be hyped up a bit more!!!) and thank u for ur time xox
hey, i am just starting to get really into h50 and i am already so in love with mcdanno! i love their chemistry! could you maybe recommend your favorite mcdanno episodes? or their favorite moments? thank you so much in advance. ps: i really like your blog <3
(really really sorry for the late answer anon, i’m having internet problems this week
First of all, welcome to the fandom anon!! you will see how wonderful it can be here, with all that mcdanno love there ^^, and second, thank you anon! that’s so sweet of you, although i don’t post h50 content much in this blog (and i believe u may have intended to send this ask for my side instead of this one xD), you can check my Mcdanno side blog here X , it’s humble but full of love!
And now for the mcdanno moments, I have to confess that i still haven’t watched all the episodes (but already “watched” then here through gifs), so i can tell my favorites moments would be 04x02 with steve and danny with grace at the baseball game, 04x04 at the movie theater eating popcorn and danny explaining the movie to him; 02x16 with the kitchen incident xD along the entire episode, 02x08 with the couch talk in danny’s crappy apartment, also,like the entire fandom, the 04x19 bomb episode and the stakeout episode, but all the S01-S03 are my favorite, like, every little phone talk, cargument, bickering (specially when danny rant at steven xD), the ‘’i love you’’s, and hugs there.
I can’t get over the fact that Reyes romance is so ridiculously sweet and romantic. We got this “bad boy” that keeps joking about being a gentleman, because of course he’s not one, that actually kiss Ryder in a rooftop, slow dance while saying cheesy things and look at he/her/them with an adoring expression.