Vexen has clocked in! Can you help the chilly academic with his research? Or will you be left out in the cold?
The Medal: To start, this medal is not good for 1-turning, but is a very good medal after that. 1SP Dark Magic, AOE. First turn, it hits about as hard as Musketeer Donald (harder than Xmas Sora), and slowly increases with strength each turn; after the ~fourth turn he caps at hitting a bit harder than Ice Titan. In addition, it gives SMDef+1 for 4 turns, so you can stack to get up to SMDef+4… and if you get Double Attack, that’s SMDef+7! It does not have Power Def+, which is sad, but it can basically be considered two medals in one: it’s a damage medal for a magic deck and a defense medal for a speed/power deck.
Other Rewards: Hairstyle from Quest #9, “No. IV” title from Quest #13. Magic Mirror from #2, #6, and #7; Ducklings Triplets from #1 and #4.
Quest Types & Tips: The main quests are defeating tanky enemies, avoiding enemies, and research.
- Tanky Defeat: Quest 1, 5, 8, 10, 13
- 1, 5: not too hard
- 8: prepare for a long fight, be sure you have healing medals, Def+, and Alice or similar
10: bring Alice or similar, bring single-target medals
- 13: awful, but quite possible if you got Malef B last event. There’s 4 enemies, two +6 Armed Warrior and two others
- my setup on +27 Three Wishes was: iKairi1 (Seb works) > Zero (Belle is better) > iKairi2 (I NEEDED it due to Zero’s cost, you might not if you have Belle and SP+) > Moana > Malef B (Atk2) > partner medal
- partner: iKairi2 (preferably w/doubleAtk), Malef B, World of Chaos; normal Xion wasn’t enough for me
- if you got iB&B, this is probably a breeze, as it combined iKairi1 with Belle… but I assume most of you don’t have this
- Avoiding Enemies: 3, 4, 9, 11, 12
- 3, 9, 12: find the Neoshadows with low HP. Just destroy everything for 3, you can probably do the same for 9 (one are behind the arch, one is in the bottom corner after the arch, one is the target), and for 12 it’s the ones that AREN’T in groups of 5.
- 4, 11: follow the materials to avoid the enemies. You can’t afford to run into very many of them due to the time constraint.
- Research: 2, 6, 7
- 2, 6: Gather Materials, avoid enemies if they’re a threat to you.
- 7: Defeat all the Gold Tricholoma, they all have 4-medal counter; one group has two of them. A boost or two and Moana should take them out w/o concern.